1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 2 USB

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Serath, Sep 8, 2004.

1. Serath

Serath Member

A few questions and ideas here....
    1) is it possible to use a flash drive as a memory card? (if so what brands?)

2) can I link my PS2 directly to my PC with the USB ports?

3) can I run software off my PC through the USB ports?

4) Is it possible to network my PS2 to the PC with a USB network adapter?

5) will a USB hard drive work on PS2?

I'm sure everyone's wondered about some of those a few times. And as for other ideas...

1) Web browser. I know it's possible for SOMEONE to make a web browser for the PS2. Planet Web (I think?) did the Dreamcast browser and it was pretty spiffy.

2) memorycard to PC adapter. Remember when you could plug your PSX memory card into your PC and read, write, and alter saves? All we need is the software. Memcard captor sakura was the one for PSX (www.nissie.com you may need babelfish to translate the page)

So.... anyone have any feedback? or other questions to add to the list?

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

1)not directly (I believe newest version of codebreaker lets you do this)
    2)you need something called sharkport or x-port (but this only helps to transfer saves between mem card and pc hdd)
    3)haven't heard of anything like that
    4)might be possible with pukklink (look it up) but it'd be better to get the sony network adapter
    5)they have an official sony USB hdd with linux kit (this was available in japan only and don't know if it'd work in other regions) but, you can't just take a pc USB hdd and hook it up to the ps2.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2004
  3. jians5

jians5 Member

What is adding a hard drive to the PS2 giving you the benifit of? Besides trying to install an operating system

Also, if I do install an operating system, how do I revert my PS2 back to the factory default?

4. azn_kda

azn_kda Regular member

Can play games on HDD instead of playing with DVD.