1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playstation 2

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by cerdanica, Nov 11, 2004.

1. cerdanica

cerdanica Member

I use dvd shrink to store movies in to my computer after that when I needed I would used dvd cloner2 to burn a dvd from my hard drive to my dvd burner a liteon dual layer I never had a problem playing them on the ps2's but now they wont play at all and if they do they skip till they finely stop please help?

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Need more info
    What type of media (brand) are you using? Is it different than what you used before?
    How old is the PS2?
    Is PS2 modded?

3. cerdanica

cerdanica Member

I am using a brand called gq -great quality- is the cheapest you can buy-th ps 2 is about two years old

4. colw

colw Active member

Using cheap no-name/low quality media is not a sound long term investment strategy.

More experienced members on these forums would suggest the use of quality, tested media such as Ritek or Verbatim.

Poor dyes on low quality media will tend to degrade leading to playback problems.

Are you using labels on your burnt DVD's? If so, this will also lead to playback problems in the longer term.

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I have to agree with colw on this I would suggest the Ritek, but if everything is the same and you could view the DVD'd before then I would most likely believe that the fault lies in your PS2. The laser are know to go bad in them and your is pretty old. There are other forums on here where PS2 experts can tell you how to clean or replace your laser, but first try the DVD'd in another stand alone player or your DVD Rom if they play fine in these then I would be willing to bet it is your PS2..

Hope this helps

6. cerdanica

cerdanica Member

iwant to think everybody everybody is knowkedgable
    I change my dvd every thing works perfectly .
    keep going
    you guys are the best