1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 - Making myself a new home computer

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by henrito, Mar 2, 2007.

1. henrito

henrito Member

Hey there,
    Well seeing that launch day is comming soon here I started googling for any information about using the PS3 with a keyboard and mouse (Its gonna be like a home computer to me too not only a gaming console).
    All I found was more than a year old articles about how you will be able to use a keyboard and a mouse with it.
    So maybe anyone of you current PS3 owners would like to share their little lists of their PS3's accessories and peripherals?
    Everything from OS to headsets and keyboards...
    I tried googling for it but heck I guess it is just best to ask the people who already own the PS3 and have them set up that way :)

2. rickyricc

rickyricc Guest

The PS3 isnt really like a computer.. Yer u can put linux on it but it can't run flash so u cant do half the stuff on the internet and its just not that good. If u want a computer then i would suggest just buying one. Maybe in a few months or w/e the PS3 will be able to do more stuff but for now i just use it for gaming, music etc..

3. henrito

henrito Member

I dont need flash etc.
    I just need it to access the web, download stuff from the PS store.

And writing with the six axis is a drag..

4. rickyricc

rickyricc Guest

Then ur not really setting up a hom computer.. U dont need linux to go on the web or download stuff off the PS store.. A keyboard and mouse are useful additions tho, alot easier to use.

5. henrito

henrito Member

I know I dont need linux for web browsing.
    But linux has useful additions as Thunderbird etc.

So does an average bluetooth keyboard and mouse do?
    Or do I have to buy some space-age type of keyboard? ^^

6. iking

iking Guest

i got a logitech wireless mouse nad keyboard combo for only $20 canadian at best buy and it works flawlessly.