1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 router connection issue to other players online

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by playstat, Jan 24, 2008.

1. playstat

playstat Member

hi guys sorry if this has alredy been asked i have looked through the site but cant find anyone else with the same problem.

Im in the uk and have bt dsl 8mb broadband, i recently upgraded to this package and got the homehub and hub phone. Before i was using my old bt voyager modem(not wireless) to connect to my ps3 and everything was fine with it. Now i am using the bt homehub when i play fight night round 3 online i can hardly ever connect to other players when before it was working perfect with my old modem.(i am now connecting wirelessly)

I have looked through a lot of forums and sites and tried port forwarding and putting my playstation in dmz mode but still no success. I have checked the wireless signal and it is srong but it just wont connect to other players.

I hope this all makes sense..lol

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

2. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

You say you cant connect to other players,but can you connect to the internet,did you enter your WEP key when setting up Wi-Fi on your PS3.
    Also can your homehub see your PS3,check this by entering your default gateway address(similar to your ip address)into your internet browser or select the icon that is on your desktop.

One last thing,have you tried setting the PS3 up using the Ethernet cable.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2008
  3. playstat

playstat Member

hi thankyou for the reply to my post. I can connect to the internet and i can see my ps3 e.t.c. The problem is when when i join a ps3 online game server i cant connect to other players and when i do i always get kicked off. Where as with my old modem it worked perfect. I did try the hub wired but still having same problem..im stumped

thanks

4. Pepp77

Pepp77 Regular member

BT Hubs are a pile of.....

You dont have to use it if you dont want to - you can use your old one again, youll just need to enter the settings on it.

The only reason I can think that would cause this is NAT settings (port forwarding) or the firewall blocking the port that the games use. But then putting the PS3 into the DMZ should circumvent this anyway.

We know its not an issue with the wireless as you said you have the same issue using the home hub wired, so it must just be because of what I wrote in my first line.

5. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

What nat type are you,if your type 3 that may stop you playing online.

6. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

Last edited: Jan 25, 2008
  7. playstat

playstat Member

when i go into ps3 network information it says nat 2 and upnp enabled. I have read somewhere that sometimes it can say nat 2 but really be set on 3, im not to sure how accurate this is. I have tried dmz but the only prob with that is my hub phone stops working when i set the ps3 to dmz. I used portforwarding.com to make sure i forwarded the ports correctly and still nothing. I did try something earlier and that was manually enetering the dns primary and secondry when setting up the ps3 internet it helped a bit for a while but then went back to the same problem. Is there a recommended dns i should use as i was close to cracking it changing these.

thanks

8. lubricant

lubricant Guest

i recommend calling tech support for your routers manufacturer. i have a netgear router, and they helped me find out how to set the nat type to 2... pretty simple

9. playstat

playstat Member

thanks worth a try ill give them a call tomorrow

10. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

Playstat any luck with BT,i really cant understand your problem,my homehub works fine with my PS3.Do you have uPnP switched on.

11. playstat

playstat Member

hi m8 still no luck so far. i pluged in my old voyager modem to check the setting and the only thing i noticed different was that with my old modem the ps3 had a dynamic ip whereas with the hub it sets it to static.

i thinking now its a lost cause lol

12. lubricant

lubricant Guest

the static ip address may be your problem; see if you can set it up to be dynamic. or if not, try and set up a second static adress just for the playstation.

13. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

The only solution i can think of is what Pepp77 said about using your old Router instead of your new one.Or try doing what Lubricant said.

As i said before,i can use mine no problem,i really cant understand why you cant use yours.Alough sometimes when im playing Timeshift online the server drops.Have you tried other games apart from fight night round 3.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2008