1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation disc drive will not eject, yet nothing is broken.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Souperfro, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Souperfro

Souperfro Member

Alright. I posted about this in somebody else's thread, didn't get much of a response yet, so here I go.

The last thing I did before my drive stopped ejecting was this.

Used homemade magic swap to pop the drive out, inserted a disc, physically pushed it in, then pushed the white cog thing back to the left (possibly not all the way hmm...) then went to run the cd. The cd I had in there for some reason didn't work. It was froze so I reset my ps2.

Now that my ps2 is reset, I hit the eject button, NO EJECT, hit it again, STILL won't eject. The blue light blinks, the motor makes some noise in there, I just don't know how to fix it. I now have it open and the cover off of the cd rom drive...got the cd out. I can't get the drive to eject, even with force.

I NEED my ps2 to work by the weekend, Please help me :D

THANKS

oh yeah, and this is what I'm looking at for you visually excitable people.
    [​IMG]

Actually the ps2 I'm looking at has looks a little bit different. The place under the brown ribbon, isn't green, it's silver..metal. Also the dvd spinner isn't like that, it isn't brown at all, just black and silver.

2. Souperfro

Souperfro Member

Somebody help plz...

The white cog....it seems to be stuck on the far right...won't move what so ever :(

3. Souperfro

Souperfro Member

HOOOOOLLLYY SH**

I can't believe it, I borrowed a friend's ps2 and broke his too :x

But I played around with his, and in my own desperation to fix his ps2, I found out how to fix MINE! Both are working now, damn this is probably the fastest recorded disc ejection fix. zomg im happy :D

4. steimy

steimy Active member

well, you may want to post what you did for future people who have that problem.

5. Souperfro

Souperfro Member

lol okay....

I guess with my version, some how the white cog was stuck on the far right, and for some reason it locked my disc tray.

I actually had to pry the disc tray up with a knife and hit the eject button.