1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PlayStation Emulators

Discussion in 'PS2' started by limelight, Feb 28, 2005.

1. limelight

limelight Regular member

Now before everyone starts getting mad at me, let me just say that my Playstation has been defunct for a while. I still have all my games i bought for it. Id like to play these again. Recently a friend of mine brought me to emulation. He said i could play my ps1 games on my pc. Ive tried EpsxE, and PSEmu Professional 1.0.21.
    Ive loaded the GPU, sound, bios, etc, and when i put the game in, it seems like its about to load, but all i get is a black screen. PSEmu Pro said that my drive doesnt support RAW disc reading. What does that mean and how can i get it to play my PS1 discs?

2. JRoland

JRoland Member

Sorry mate, but it doesn't sound like you can play it. I know that's probably not what you want to hear...

What exact disc drive(s) do you have? Also, what's the possibility of testing this out on your friend's computer to make sure it's computer-specific?

Good Luck

3. limelight

limelight Regular member

well that really sucks. is there something i can download, like a driver, that will let my optical drive do the raw data reading?

4. yugioh2me

yugioh2me Regular member

try all the other emulators for PS1 (corn, virtual game station - discontinued, but i snagged the full version just in time, hehehe)

try ema ll and see if it makes any difference in booting the PS1 game on the emulator

5. RemyK313

RemyK313 Regular member

ePSXe is by far the best PS1 emulator out there. I still use it for FF7 and FF8. Setting up the games can be both confusing and frustrating.

Also, a lot of game have specific settings tailored to them, and you'll have to reconfigure your system for some games.

Before you give up : Try NGEmu.com, it's the most complete resource and forum system for emulation help.

Lemme tell you something, if you can't get ePSXe to work, then NOTHING will work for you. Seriously, it's that much better than everything else.