1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation going downhill...end of us?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by golden_35, Oct 13, 2003.

1. golden_35

golden_35 Regular member

It seems like no one has spoken up about this, so i thought it would. I know that it sounds a little discouraging but the fact of the matter is, it looks like the sony corporation along with EA has finally gotten the better of us. We have spent many countless hours trying to find ways to play backups of our favorite games by developing programs and tinkering with playstations. For me, I've had enough! I've spent 50$ in 2 days trying to successfully burn an EA game that would work in my ps2. Now I have 15 nice shiny frizbees. This is getting ridiculous, not only is it getting impossible to burn ps2 games that will work in the ps2, none of them will ever play online!!! What is the point I ask of you??? I know it seems like a pointless rant, but I can't help it. My playstation with a Magic 3.1 in it is now garbage because not only can i not play a backup of any of my games, i cant even play the original online!!! (Tiger woods 2004, NHL 2004 won't play online in my ps2!!!) Anyone want to comment on this and give me a point to continue on with this neverending battle?

2. benagain

benagain Regular member

Damn man, I don't know what to say. I have a 3.1 and I haven't had any trouble with any of my backups or originals. The only EA game I have is The Sims, but I don't even know if it has anything special about it. I hope your modding gets better from here.

3. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

well, considering that modding a ps2 is to play 'backups' of games that you already own, then you'll still be able to play online, you'll just have to use your [bold]original[/bold] instead of trying to use your backup.

4. golden_35

golden_35 Regular member

I dont know what the problem is, i can't even backup my originals. tried backing up twice with Nero, once with recordnow max and once with DVD Decrypter and they all gave me writing errors halfway through! I do'nt know whats wrong. I think the copy protection is just getting too hard and time consuming to crack.

5. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

what is it your trying to back up?

6. golden_35

golden_35 Regular member

Tiger wooods 2k4

7. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

Hmmm...I backed up my copy of Tiger Woods 2k4 just fine...have you tried cleaning your dvd?

8. WEStar

WEStar Active member

" I know it seems like a pointless rant, but I can't help it. My playstation with a Magic 3.1 in it is now garbage because not only can i not play a backup of any of my games, i cant even play the original online!!! (Tiger woods 2004, NHL 2004 won't play online in my ps2!!!)" you can play your originals online all you gotta do is turn the magic3.1 off before you boot your originals.

9. lkailburn

lkailburn Member

how do you turn off the magic 3.1? am i missing somehing? haha

10. golden_35

golden_35 Regular member

Nope i put it in sleep mode with the original and it still cannot play the game online. Meanwhile, I put socom in just after and it plays fine.

11. frostiex

frostiex Member

If you are getting write error half way through...it sounds like it is an issue with your computer instead.

might be low on memory.

12. pas2mania

pas2mania Regular member

well then u don't know how to solder or you have a fake chip.

13. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

Its okey little guy - you see, they have this console called Dreamcast - and ALL the backups for it work flawlessly - meaning you don't have to ball up your little fists in front of your little eyes and squirt out some tears because you can't troubleshoot your own PS2 - and you have to go on rants on user forums about how you're getting screwed by 'the man' just to convince yourself that its the technology that is the problem and not the little man that can't figure it out.

Cheers!

14. golden_35

golden_35 Regular member

How do you figure? My modchip works fine, ive backed up over 50 games and they've all worked fine until EA 2004 games came along, I haven't even tried a backup on my ps2 yet, i can't get past the burning stage, thats what this was originally about.

15. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

awwww, poor little guy.........

16. golden_35

golden_35 Regular member

well first of all, this is a playstation forum!!! so quit being an idiot and posting useless threads unless you are going to help.

17. WEStar

WEStar Active member

to turn off magic3.1... from ps2 being in standby mode press and hold the reset button for about 10 secs. golden, socom works because it doesn't have DNAS on it.

18. golden_35

golden_35 Regular member

What does that mean...and yes, the ps2 is in standby mode when i try and play the original online.

19. shaix

shaix Member

how do you turn magic 3.1 off and on??

I got magic 3.1 and it plays all games great, exept for dvdr. It display playstation 2 and it said insert ps2 disc. Does anyone know what is wrong?

20. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

Golden,
    If you are having problems you should consider getting a flip top w/ swap magic. Its cheaper, safer, and because you are "fooling" the ps2 by swaping out the discs, you can still play the back-ups online with no problem. Its great, I have one and I have had little problems with it. My only gripe about it is that some games that have a double protection, Like Soul Calibur 2, there is an extra swap to do with CDLoader. But even with that, it is still a simple thing to do. I recently backed up Tiger Woods 2k4 and have had no problems with it. But be aware, if you are considering getting one, there will be a upgraded to the swap magic discs that should be coming in the very near future.