1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playstation V9 w Magic V

Discussion in 'PS2' started by 7thsign, Aug 10, 2004.

1. 7thsign

7thsign Member

Hey
    I have some problems using the mod chip. First when i put it to sleep mode(by holding for 3 or 4 secs), i can't boot up DVD's, or even the orginal games (it just gives me the red screen). I can boot the orginal by booting directly, but can't with sleep mode on. I also try to run network 2.0 disc (with mod chip on) to setup my online adaptor, but i got a DNAS (-402) error, can this be why sleep mode doesn't work? If there anyone has a solution, please post a.s.a.p.
    Thank you

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

hold it for longer... I think 3-4 seconds is for ps1 mode.

With the disk assumed in the tray and the tray closed:

• For PS2 games, power up normally from STANDBY with RESET button. A single tap is required.

• For PS1 games & DVD Movies, power up from STANDBY with RESET button held until the blue EJECT light comes on; then release RESET and the disk will boot.

• For turn OFF/SLEEP, power up from STANDBY with RESET button held until the logo/sounds comes on; then release RESET and the MagicV will be OFF/SLEEP.

3. 7thsign

7thsign Member

I put it to sleep mode, and it won't load the orginal cd or the network setup cd. If anyone knows how to setup the network by other methods, please tell me.
    Thanks

4. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Note that the Magic V 5K chip that is installed into a v9 PS2 uses the Eject button instead of the Reset button as the mode trigger.

5. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

Icemonkey is correct. Hold the eject button for 4 seconds for sleep mode.

6. 7thsign

7thsign Member

yea i try that already and it still give me the red screen... i want to play online.... plz sumone tell what to do...

Last edited: Aug 12, 2004
  7. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

Maybe you don't have a magic V?

Did you install it yourself? Does it look exactly like the chip in my signature?

8. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Are you trying to play online using a backup? If so, you can't do it with a Magic V chip. You need to put the chip into sleep mode so you don't get a DNAS failure but this will prevent you from booting a backup. To play online, you will have to use your original disc with this method.

9. 7thsign

7thsign Member

I know it's on sleep mode because i can't load the back ups i have. I can't load orginals in sleep mode, meaning i can't get my network setup.... fusk.... Can some please tell me how i can check out my mod chip?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2004
  10. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

Take your system apart and look at it......