1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pleas help very important!!!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by michaelw1, Sep 8, 2007.

1. michaelw1

michaelw1 Member

im normally really good with computers but this is the first time i havent been able to fix it. i dont want to completely wipe it and start over so help me out. my pc is completely messed up. none of my programs will run except internet explorer. if i double click an icon it will show the hour glass for a split seccond and then nothing will happnen. i can get itunes and windows media player to open by using a file that it uses and right clicking it then choosing open with... itunes/windows media. and i can get the program open then. but i cant even go into accesories and open the calculator. i cant system restore... cant do anything.

2. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

Could be a malware problem... Probably your best bet would be to back up your things you want ton DVDs, or a extra HDD, then reformat the one you have windows on and reinstall it.

3. djscoop

djscoop Active member

sounds to me like your hard drive might be going bad. right click on your HD in my computer and click properties. in the tools tab click the error checking button. check the box that says scan for and attempt to repair bad sectors. this will take a while but scans every bit of space on your HD to see if you have any sectors going bad...

4. michaelw1

michaelw1 Member

ok i did that and it didnt say anything was wrong