1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please add this feature to DVD Shrink.

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by trakes, Aug 23, 2004.

1. trakes

trakes Member

Many times I record things in mpeg2 format so I can easily burn it to DVD later. Sometimes the mpeg's are up to 8 to 10 GB in size. Is there anyway or any plans to be able to use DVD Shrink to shrink mpeg2 files so they would fit on a 4GB DVD?

2. drchips

drchips Active member

Hiya,

There does not seem to be any need for that function, as it is the responsibility of a DVD Authoring Application...

If your Mpeg2's are DVD Compliant, I suggest you do the following:

1 - create a DVD Structure from your files using something like TMPGEnc DVD Author

2 - run the resulting DVD Structure through Shrink to get the size you want...

Hope this helps.

3. mrperry05

mrperry05 Guest

it helped me

4. trakes

trakes Member

Are there any (user friendly) "freeware" DVD Authoring programs that can create a DVD Structure from my mpeg2 files.

The one you mentioned expires after 30 days unless you buy it.

I have Nero 6 Ultra Edition. Can it convert an mpeg2 file into a DVD structure?

Sorry if these are dumb questions. I'm still trying to learn all of this stuff.

5. drchips

drchips Active member

Hiya,

As you say you already have Nero 6 Ultra, then maybe Nero re-code 2 might fit the bill.....

You will have to contact one of the Nero fans on the forum for guidance

(for DVDs I refuse to use Nero, it is great for CDs but flakey with DVDs - my opinion only, before the flamewar starts !LOL!)

Have Fun...

6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Lol! Not from me. I prefer Orlogix RecordNow DX :)

7. drchips

drchips Active member

Neph,

I applaud your choice.

Personally I use Prassi Primo DVD (precursor to RecordNow) with the px engine upgraded

- that way I get the nice, clean, controllable interface (Prassi) with support for the latest hardware (px engine)

It has [bold]never[/bold] failed me, though the following all contribute:
    only using Verbatim Media
    only Pioneer drives
    Windows 2000 Pro
    good quality components

Hey, Quality Counts!!!!!
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Life is just more of the same:[/small]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2004
  8. clark10

clark10 Member

HEY IT WORKS FOR ME YOU CAN EVEN GET A LITTLE CREATIVE AND ADD MENUS ETC.....

9. 64026402

64026402 Active member

Yes nero can make a DVD from mpg2 files. Express is user freindly and you can just drag the files to the window that opens up. Use the video DVD maker.

It will even change PAL to NTSC at the same time if needed.

10. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I agree with 6402..., Nero's NeroVision Express is very user friendly, will convert your files to DVD compliant, will let you add chapters and create a working menu. You can even preview your work with a software remote to see if it works before you burn. I also have TMPGEnc DVD Author-it's a good program but I like Nero better.

NVE(nerovision express) has some very neat import features for menu creation and unlike drchips, I think Nero Ultra 6 is one of the best DVD or CD(has both) programs you can buy.

You can even DL it each and every month for free and use it the entire month til you decide to buy. It has other great stuff too, like Recode(a re-authoring and compressing and burning app like shrink, except shrink can't burn) DVD cover design, PC backup, burn express, burning rom, toolkit for PC analyzing, and a host of other stuff designed to meet ALL your audio and video needs.

Good luck however you go...
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]..Dell Media4600, XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,512MB,280HDw/8MB,17" flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated 5.1 audio, HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn SO[/small]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2004
  11. andhrite

andhrite Guest

Did any of you really got the 8GB mpeg2 file to dvd structure? I tried with dvdlab and it just dies and does not create any files.

If anyone is successful please let me know what authoring software you used.