1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please advise me on my project

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ecost, Oct 26, 2004.

1. ecost

ecost Member

I have my entire collection of family movies burned on DVD. The next thing I'd like to do is copy them all and give my family their own set of disks. I haven't been paying much attention to the latest ripping technology but I've used DVD-Decrypter in the past and was happy with it. However, my Pioneer A05 burner can't seem to rip faster than 1.9X. I bought a separate DVD-ROM to do ripping and some DVD ripped at almost 20X. These were store bought, single layer ones I wanted to back up. When I try to rip a homemade DVD-R, the ripping speed stinks.. around 1.9X. Anyway, here's my question:

What would you recommend for a burner or reader that does the best job at ripping? Also, what's currently the best ripping software? thanks for listening and hope to hear from you soon!

Ecost

2. DGenerate

DGenerate Member

As they are family movies on a burned DVD, you shouldn't need to use DVD Decrypter - they're already decrypted. So I assume you're using Decrypter for it's burning?

I recommend you get yourself Nero 6 Ultra, if you don't have it already. You can then rip/copy a DVD once, and set Nero to burn multiple copies (of course, you have to change discs). DVD Decrypter is an excellent ripper...so is DVDShrink, apparently, but I haven't actually used it (yet).

I think your problem with ripping speed is a hardware/firmware issue, so there's not a lot you can do...though there may be a firmware hack to increase your ripping speed. Barring that, I think you'll just have to bite the bullet and rip at 1.9x.