1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Advise on downloads

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by dusty101, Jul 29, 2007.

1. dusty101

dusty101 Member

Not sure the subject is right but here goes....I have DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink, Image Burn, VSO DivxToDvd, Fix VTS, DVD Flick, and a trial version of DivxConverter. Evidently, even after reading guides and forums (which have really been helpful)I'm just too ignorant to understand what I need to do. I did burn several dvd's with Roxio Copy and Convert 3 but read in one of the forums to totally delete it from my system....so I did. I have had success with Decrypter and the others but when I go back to do another file I screw up. I'm seriously considering dumping everything I have and start over. Please advise on what I should keep and what to trash. Speak to me as you would a 5 year old...I am really not smart. I know this will be a huge challenge to anyone that anwsers me and I thank you in advance for your bravery!

2. attar

attar Senior member

Rip DVD's (remove protection)with DVDFab HD Decrypter
    Insert disk, run program, select 'Main Movie' or 'Full Disk'

http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

Use DVD Shrink to compress the output files from DVD Fab HD Decrypter.

Use DVD Decrypter (from inside Shrink) to burn the DVD's

Convert AVI, MPEG, with VSODivXtoDVD

Use DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter to open and burn the output files to disk.

Use only media that says 'Made in Japan' or 'Verbatim' and don't burn faster than 4x.

3. dusty101

dusty101 Member

Thanks for the answer. I downloaded DVDFab. I put my movie through DVD Shrink but couldn't figure out how to burn with Decrypter from inside Shrink. All my movie files on loaded onto my hard drive. When I sucessfully burn one I delete it from my system. This also deletes the Video_TS files. What am I doing wrong? Am I your worst nightmare yet??

4. attar

attar Senior member

When I successfully burn one I get rid of all the files on the HDD - otherwise I run out of disk space - what's wrong with that?

If DVD decrypter is installed, DVD Shrink will be able to find it.

Click 'Backup' > 'Target Device' and from the drop down menu select the target 'Create ISO image file:' > 'ISO image file and burn with DVD Decrypter'

Short guide here.
    http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=139627

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2007