1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please answer a simple question...

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by LSHAW1, Oct 25, 2004.

1. LSHAW1

LSHAW1 Member

I'm new here, and although this may sound like a stupid question to most who visit/post here, I'd like to know what I need (software, etc.) to legally copy PS2 games so they play on a PS2 system.

Do I need some sort of special hardware device on my PS2? If so, what is it?
    What are the steps to using a CD/DVD+R burner on my PC to back up PS2 games that I own?

2. LSHAW1

LSHAW1 Member

Forgot to mention....
    I have:
    InstantCD/DVD software,
    DVD Decrypter
    DVD Shrink
    CRWIN
    Smart Ripper

3. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

out of the software you list use dvd decrypter, insert your orignal disc in your dvd-rom or dvd writer and go mode>iso>read in dvd decrypter click the read button to create your image file when thats complete insert a blank dvdr disc in your writer and go mode>iso>write browse to were you stored your image file click it and then click the burn button, to get your backup games to play in your ps2 you will have to mod it in some way either by fitting a noswap solder in mod chip or by using a boot disc(eg swapmagic) with the fliptop/slide card, hope this answers your questions