1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLEASE ANSWER MY FEW QUESTION

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by loiaznb, Nov 26, 2007.

1. loiaznb

loiaznb Member

WHY I MUST NEED TO DOWNGRADE IN ORDER TO PLAY ISO FILE???

WHY DO WE NEED Lumines TO DOWNGRADE TO 1.50??? WHY NOT OTHER GAME???

AND WAT HAPPEN NEXT IF I DOWNGRADE ??

2. Ex_hoc

Ex_hoc Guest

You need to downgrade from the official firmware because Sony does not want you playing ISO files on their PSP:

Number 1: the psp was never intended for anything but playing music video and UMD games. the reason why you are even capable of playing ISO files (which are not legal) is because Sony had made an error in an early version of their firmware (which for all intents and purposes is the Operating system). They had accidently left the source code open which allowed coders and programmers to exploit the way the psp works. Sony obviously got wind of all these hacks and exploits and quickly released another version with a fix for the open source code, which stopped any hacking or coding for their firmware from there one. At that point coders and programmers decided to start creating their own updates of the original (1.50) firmware which in turn would allow PSP users to continue playing ISO files, emulated games, ROMS and various other applications.

Essentially the psp is a mini computer. a good example is like have windows but only being able to use Microsoft programs and having it be impossible to install others.

Number 2: You need Lumines because there was also a loophole in the code used to write the games which directly corresponds with the psp's source code.

3. Ex_hoc

Ex_hoc Guest

PS. after you downgrade than update to the custom firmware you will need to put the ISO files into the ISO folder in your PSP memory stick from a computer.

4. loiaznb

loiaznb Member

thx alot Ex_hoc. all my doubt is solve by you, the only thing now is to buy a lumines. good luck for you and for my own self.