1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please can some1 help a newbie

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rose1, Dec 31, 2004.

1. rose1

rose1 Member

hi to all who reads my thread, i would like to wish you all a happy new year first . please can some1 help me, i am not very clever when it comes to pcs,, and i hope i dont brake any rules with my question, please except my appologies if i do.my question is,i have downloaded a few childens films of imesh which i believe you are aloud to do, i think they are avi films, my pc has a dvd burner, a cdr writer, all i want to no is how can i put the films onto a cd so they can watch them on ther dvd player in the bedroom?as my pc dosnt have a very good picture.i have done nursery rhymes on a cd, but i cant do there films .please can some1 tell me if i need to download anything, and give me very simple instructions on what to do, i have looked on the internet but it is so hard please help me has my children are hounding to watch there films thankyou to all

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi Rose1, welcome to AD. Here is a guide to get you started. Those avi files need converted to proper dvd format. It is a little more work than burning a straight dvd copy but can be done. Here is the link to the guide.

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/convert_avi_to_dvd.cfm
    Hope this helps get you going.

Jerry

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

4. rose1

rose1 Member

thankyou both very much :mad:) i am very grateful i will give it a go im a bit of a computer geek lol so even simple help looks like stereo instructions lol
    thankyou

5. rose1

rose1 Member

sorry jerry746 i thought it was 2 people thankyou anyway

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

No problem. I haven't used DVD Santa yet but have read it works pretty good and is easy to use. Hope you get your project done Ok. Got to keep those kids happy.

Jerry