1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THIS PS2 BACK UP PLAYING...

Discussion in 'PS2' started by hadjiro, Jan 11, 2003.

1. hadjiro

hadjiro Guest

hey guys, i am having trouble here.

1. I have burned a PS2 game easily but the problem is....I CAN'T PLAY IT. I know because i need a MOD CHIP...but HOW CAN I GET IT WITHOUT A MOD CHIP? LIKe how can i play games without a mod chip OR GAME SHARK? i don't wanna break my ps2 with the gameshark thing so thats why, so can anyone PLEASE tell me...will the boot leg cd work? if it does....were do I download that to burn that and stuff.. PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME, I WOULD REAAAAAAAALLY appreciate it.

thanks- hadjiro

2. bluebus

bluebus Regular member

First of all you won't break your ps2 with a gameshark. It plugs in to the same place you put your memory card. Plain and simple if you don't want to bread anything you need a modchip. Otherwise your going to stick a knife under your cd tray to release it everytime you load the gameshark and want to swap for a copy.

3. hadjiro

hadjiro Guest

so if i get a gameshark...can anyone give me the intrusctions how to play back up games by using the gameshark?

please let me know i would really appreciate it

4. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

You would still need to use a knife to eject the tray if you use just a GS. You need a chip if you want to boot them properly. There are other ways but you still need to modify your PS2 a little (Swipe Card and Swap Magic).