1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please clarify Shrinking PAL(non region one) dvds

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by ricsalt, May 6, 2004.

1. ricsalt

ricsalt Member

I'm a bit confused as to whether Shrink v3.1.7 will back-up a "foreign" dvd.

There is the following reference in the instructions:
    "Under the DVD Region tab you can adjust region settings for the backup. By default DVD Shrink makes the backup region free, so usually there's no need to adjust the selections."

Do you think I might need to run background software like "DVD Region-Free" in order for the DVD to even play in my DVD drive ?

I am getting my first computer with internet connection in a few days (Dell 4600C) with combo CD/DVD Rom and was hoping to make some DVD back-ups.

Thanks,

Richard

2. philip51

philip51 Guest

suck it and see, if you've already got the discs. if it doesn't you will get about 4-5 changes on your drive, or try dvd region free-i didnt like it. or there is probably a hack out there for your drive, google it.

3. ricsalt

ricsalt Member

Hi philip51

Thanks for the response. Why didn't you like DVD Region free ? Are you saying it doesn't work ? I thinking of getting it.

Richard

4. philip51

philip51 Guest

no, it does work i just don't like things that sit it my system tray. i tend to stick to my own region anyway so i dont need it.

5. ricsalt

ricsalt Member

I get it. thanks.

Richard

6. cozza1987

cozza1987 Guest

Yes DVD Shrink will back-up foreign DVDz. The backup's will work, as shrink will make it Region Free hence working in any region DVD player.
    As long as they are PAL they should work in your DVD Player.

Regards
    CoZZa

7. ricsalt

ricsalt Member

Thanks for the input.

Richard