1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please explain this too me -.-

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by LOZ_, Jul 2, 2007.

1. LOZ_

LOZ_ Member

Kay well i just got my psp about 2 weeks ago.
    I downloaded some games of a torrent
    3 of them are iso and cso files
    and the other 2 are Eboot files.

Trying to focus on the iso and CSO files because they seem simpler to put on the psp.

ive read about 10-15 of the post on downgrading and putting iso's on etc, and i really dont grasp the consept...
    so could someone kindly explain to me the steps i need to take to get: FFII Anniversary, Sonic rivals (both CSO Files)

on my psp, Treat me like the noobish noob ever, because i really dont understand all this :S - and my psp's system software is 3.50.
    Any help would be well appriciated, and as soon as possible :)

From

a confused girl.(help me ^.^)

2. thunderr

thunderr Member

For you to be able to play ISOs on PSP you first need a custom firmware (FW - different version software)

To be able to install this custom FW first you will need to "Dwongrade" your PSP. Once you have Downgraded your PSP you can install the new/custom FW that plays ISOs.

So step 1 is to Downgrade. There are guides that help you figure out what version your current PSP is and tell you how to downgrade it to 1.5

Once its at 1.5 you will need to download the custom FW and install it.

Because you have 3.50 here is what you need:
    1-You need the game Lumines... without it you cannot downgrade so you cant play any ISOs...
    2-Download: http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1181
    3-Follow the instructions the file you downloaded on step 2 until you have a 1.5 version software.
    4-download the dark_alex's custom 3.03OE-C FW and follow the instructions to install it.

3. LOZ_

LOZ_ Member

would lumines 2 work?

4. thunderr

thunderr Member

no sorry just the first one.