1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please give me an update

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by theoipod, Jul 4, 2007.

1. theoipod

theoipod Guest

When it comes to hardware i'm no pro.I don't really know anything about it.
    Recently,with the immense price drop of computers,i've been thinking it's time for a knew one, but i do have a budjet restricted to 700 euros
    (800 bucks)which isn't bad at all.
    Of course,i'm going to build my own computer as it's far cheaper this way.
    If anybody who's half clued up on hardware could explain to me what Ram,processeurs,motherboards,socket numbers... are I would be very greatful.

And could anybody then suggest what computer i should build, taking my budjet taken into account.

I basically want a fast and very upgraddable computer as i'm sick and tired of having to change every couple of years.

Thanks,theo

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2007
  2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

FOR €700 you're kind of limited, but you can still build a reasonable PC with it, what's your preferred supplier? Send me their website and I'll have a browse.

3. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

OK ill try. Your RAM is where the programs that you are running currently are stored. Every thing is installed on your harddisk, but when you choose to run a program it runs off your RAM. Your processor is what processes all the info on your system and creates results(sorry I know thats not a good explanation). The motherboard is what houeses most of the PC components,it basically connects all the components. It connects the northbridge(The northbridge typically handles communications between the CPU, RAM, AGP or PCI Express, and the southbridge.), the southbridge, etc. The socket type is basically what kind of connector is on your motherboard to connect with the CPU. Socket 775 for example is for the latest intel processors. If you need anything specific post back. For 800 dollars your PC wont be super fast. You probably will have to skimp on the OS, use Linux if you arent into gaming. What kind of Pc would you like to build. We will try to help if you can tell us what you will be using it for.
    Whoo long post.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2007