1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help a newb -- "Delicatessen"

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by evante49, May 15, 2007.

1. evante49

evante49 Member

I'm having a terrible time getting this DVD backed up. I've tried numerous programs and numerous methods with no success.

First I tried just shrinking the DVD, but there was a CRC error that prevented this.

I then decrypted in DVD Decryptor. I tried to open the files in DVD Shrink, but I get an error message saying the system has failed to open the "VIDEO_TS.VOB" file and that it cannot be found. Indeed, I went looking and it isn't there. The same thing happens when trying to create a video in Nero.

Next I tried to create an ISO with Decryptor. That goes well, then Shrink gets the "Out of Memory" error. I haven't tried increasing my page file size, but the reading I've done says this doesn't help. May still try out of desperation however. If it has anything to do with RAM, then it still doesn't make sense because I've got 2 GB and I'm hardly using any of it. So Shrink is then unable to encode a smaller ISO.

I'm stumped. I've done some reading and I no suggested settings in Decryptor have yet trumped this defense.

The disc is totally fine, by the way. No scratches or dust whatsoever.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

evante49, theres a few ways to go. using anydvd is the trick to fixing this. you can run anydvd behind dvd shrink then burn with nero etc. or use the anydvd ripper ripping the file to you're HD then transcode with dvd shrink and burn or you can just use clonedvd 2 + anydvd (you're best bet IMO) or use DVD Fab Decrypter to rip the movie then use dvd shrink to transcode then burn. heres a helpful guide

http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2007
  3. evante49

evante49 Member

AnyDVD hasn't helped yet. I tried CloneDVD2 and it always froze at 23%. DVDFab was able to rip the files but then Shrink was unable to compress them sufficiently...

4. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

5. evante49

evante49 Member

Thanks for the help. I finally succeeded by ripping an ISO with DVDFab then burning it with Decrypter. I don't know why the Decrypter ISO reader didn't work, Fab took care of it.

6. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

the reason dvd decrypter didn't work is because the program hasn't been updated in a couple of years. so therefor it can't handle the newer movies without help. but glad you got DVD Fab to work for you

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2007