1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please help a newbie

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Super007, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Super007

Super007 Guest

I recently got a playstation 2 modded with a Duo 2 chip, i also have a backup copy of winning eleven 8 and Gran Turismo 4. I have trouble getting the games to work, it seems to work on sometimes. i managed to get the winning eleven to work on a few occasions and i have never gotten the copy of GT4 to work,sometimes none of them work at all i always get the message that says
    "please insert Playsation or Playstation 2 format disc"

Is something wrong with the way i turn on my system or is there a specific way to turn on my modchip

Thanx for the feedback

2. modster

modster Regular member

it depends on what type of media you are using for the backup and also you have to burn the backup at slowest speed usually 2x

3. Doulley

Doulley Guest

maybe install went bad or the disks have problems on them like gt4 has alot of people complaing about this i dont know though did u install this?

4. Super007

Super007 Guest

actually i didnt't install it but a store which i know of install mod-chips for both PS2 and XBOX.