1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please help ! Any info. R4 cards and purchase

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by malc123, Nov 23, 2013.

1. malc123

malc123 Newbie

Hi all.
    Totall new to this so looking for some help and support if possible. I have used for years an Edge card in mt sons Ds lite. Going to get hima 2ds for Xmas but would like a card to play the back up games on. I don't know what kind of card I need? But have heard I will just need a 3ds card. Like a r4i card, is this correct?

I have looked at other questions but to be honest I don't understand all the updates and patches etc

also if anyone could let me know where the best place to buy from. I live in the Uk but not to keen on putting credit card details into a site I don't know or never heard of before. Anyone in the Uk purchased these before?

Thanks for the help and time to look at this

Malc

2. Anniemoon

Anniemoon Member

3. johanpoell

johanpoell Newbie

4. Tatianao

Tatianao Newbie

All the flashcart which can work on the 3ds console are also working great on the 2ds console, so choose the either r4i gold 3ds or supercard dstwo, those two are the best, bought all my cards from the r4flashcart team here http://www.r4flashcart.com/

5. malc123

malc123 Newbie

Hi. Thanks for the replies. So are you based in the uk and received the cards ok ? Did you have yo use your credit card ? Sorry for seeming stupid but what's the kernal you mentioned, where do I get that from ?

6. johanpoell

johanpoell Newbie

sorry i am in USA and receive the card in about 7 days, everything is working great on my 3ds console and it is very easy to set up the card, so this won't be a problem. yeah, i used my visa credit card info because this is the only method all the flashcart sites acept, and the kernel is the firmware of the flash cart which can be downloaded from the official site of the card, if the flashcart is this http://www.modchipfactory.com/wood-r4i-...s-lite-p-1.html then the official site is r4ids.cn and here is also a user guide about this card http://www.dsflashcart.com/blog/how-to-use-r4i-gold-3ds-rts-card-step-by-step/

7. yadonjeffrey

yadonjeffrey Newbie

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  8. malc123

malc123 Newbie

That's great. R4i gold card it's is then. Just need to get one ordered. Has anyone in the uk had problems getting them. Or have you all just paid with a credit card and received them ok ?
    Malc

9. Polaris813

Polaris813 Regular member

as paypal don't allow sell flashcart, so it is hard to find a store use paypal payment. most store support visa credit card.
    r4i gold 3ds is a good card, it can work on 2DS perfectly. i think the official resellers are trust worthy, so you can check the official resellers and select your favorite one.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  10. malc123

malc123 Newbie

Hi everyone.
    Thanks for all the help so far. I've managed to get a gold r4i card, it's yellow/gold I'm colour. I did get an ad card with it but had to try download stuff onto it. Am I correct to down load wood v1.64 ? Do I need to put any kernal updates on it. I know In previous messages it said not to but totally lost with all this. Another question I have is should this cars work in my sons Ds lier he has at the moment. It's not workinh but unsure if it's cos I have it ready to go in a 2ds that he's getting for Xmas. Or should this work in both machines just now ?
    Totally sorry for all the questions as I'm totally new to all this and would like to get this working and know more about it all

Thanks again :)
    Malc

11. malc123

malc123 Newbie

Sorry. I forgot to say that my yellow r4i card states that it will work on 3ds. Nds and ndsl.
    Malc
    ;)

12. Anniemoon

Anniemoon Member

13. malc123

malc123 Newbie

14. Anniemoon

Anniemoon Member

oh, i see, then the user method is the same as the r4i gold 3ds card, but you need to use the kernel from the official site of your card, can you check the official site printed on your card, what is the site.

15. malc123

malc123 Newbie

Hi Anniemoon thanks for the swift reply. My box has http://www.r4i-gold.com on the bottom front of the box.

I have also ordered another 3ds card for my others sons ds and its the same as the one in your link, the grey coloured one. but think i better try ger this working first.

So am i correct in thinking i should be able to put thius in a 3ds and ndsl and should work no problems

MAlcolm

16. Anniemoon

Anniemoon Member

17. malc123

malc123 Newbie

Hi Anniemoon. I followed the link you gave me but even after doing that nothing seems to work , unsure on the kernal part of this , what is it and where do i get it? does this need loaded onto sd card before following the link you supplied, and should this work on the ds lite and 3ds?
    malcolm

18. Anniemoon

Anniemoon Member

the first step of the guide link is to download the kernel and put the kernel on the sd card, did you follow it?

19. malc123

malc123 Newbie

hi yes i followed it and added a folder named games, tried putting game on the card, then in the games folder but when i put it in the ds lite i get a red folder with a red question mark in it
    malc

20. Anniemoon

Anniemoon Member

would you please take a pic of your card and also send a screenshot of what files do you have on the sd card, so i can check for you.