1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLease Help AR2 v2.33

Discussion in 'PS2' started by GlennT, Jul 12, 2003.

1. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

i just got a dvd-r/RAM drive to make backups of my PS2 games...........i made a baclup of "Enter The Matrix" using Prassi Primo (global image method). i think the actual dvd is ok, all the files are there. and it's the same size and everything, but i'm having trouble playing it............i'm using the swipe card method, using ActionReplay 2 v2.33?? (i think it's 2.33 anyway).........i've tried every method i could find on the inter net, but nothing is working (by the way i think i have a PAL version 3 machine)..........i think the problem is caused by the fact that when i put in the original DVD game (GTA 3), it doesn't stop spinning...........as i have already purchased the AR2, i don't plan on buying it again just to get a different version or something...........does anyone know how i might get this thing working, or know where i can download a working version of an older AR2 disc (which i can boot with my existing one).........i know downloading this disc is not approved, but since i already own a newer cd, i figured it's a lesser sin.

i need your help very much.........please if anyone has any ideas post here.....................thank you so much in advance for any help!

2. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

ok, i got it to work. anyone else having problems booting DVD-r with newer versions of AR2, just download and burn the "AR2 no dongle" thing, i forget where i got it, but it's the one with the "fifa demo" thing on it...........you can then either boot this using the original demo disc that came with the PS2 or by booting it with your existing AR2......................................................then for DVD-r,(with your dongle in, even though it's a no dongle cd), insert genuine PS2 DVD game larger TOC than the backup (i use GTAVice City---4.35GB)choose "Action Replay Codes",press x, press x "Add new code", press x, press x

press start, choose "without codes", press x, press x

when it says, "updating code list" or similar, the DVD will stop spinning and you can do the swap (using Swipe card or similar).
    -----------------------------------------------

my new problem is that my backup of Enter The MAtrix is very skippy...............the movies skip like crazy, and when in game, the background music and sounds are skippinmg all the time......................is this just because i have an old PS2 and it's got p[oor compatibility with DVD-R or something??????????