1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLEASE HELP. AVI TO DVD

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by bigkev81, Dec 14, 2004.

1. bigkev81

bigkev81 Member

Can anyone please help me.
    i am trying to convert avi to dvd.
    i am using dvd santa and it converts and burns to dvd ok, but i noticed that the movie is fine untill just after half way through the film the movie starts to jump and green squares scramble across the screen.
    am i doing something wrong?
    is it because i dont have enough memory?
    my memory size is 192mb.
    if the memory is too small how much do u recomend?
    I also tried to convert and burn with nero express and it stopped near the end of burning. it said not enough disc space. i had about 11gb left on the hard drive so i dont think it was the hard drive that was at fault. please help me because this is very annoying
    thanx.

2. mark46016

mark46016 Member

192 megabites isnt a lot of room to convert an avi to dvd. Remember Avi files. Normally now a days are Divx files. A divix file is normally compressed 10 times on an average then DVD (mpged 2) So and 8 gig dvd converted to AVI will be a bout 1 gig give or take. so I would recomend getting a larger harddrive. Also you can change your virtual memeory too. This helps I find when encoding (increase it) Pinnacle Studio 9 is a good program for convertind and editing AVI file if you have a Divx encoder pluggin, if you're an avid video editor and movie maker etc.

3. bigkev81

bigkev81 Member

What size of memory do you recommend?
    i have a 40gb hard drive is that ok?
    what else do i need?
    ive got dvd santa and nero express 2.