1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please help ,burning problems

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by neil16377, Mar 5, 2005.

1. neil16377

neil16377 Member

someone please help me im feeling like smashing up my pc, im having trouble burning dvds,almost 99% of the time the dvd sticks(pauses)at some stage while playing on my dvd player,. please coul yo tell me if im doing something wrong ,this is what i do,,,
    1. i decrypt the movie with dvd decrypter,(
    main movie only}
    2. i open nero ,dvd video then drag the dvd from the folder i have stored it,
    3. then burn at 4*
    i never have any problems with games or audio
    ive upgraded the firmware of my lite on
    i defragment weekly and do a virus check,also i have tried about 10 different media,(please note that i have had some dvds that do work perfectly)
    some one told me that it might be that i have too many programmes running in the background, ,but i do not know which to end in task manager,,,,,
    .......PLEASE IF SOMEONE COULD HELP ME I WOULD BE VERY GREATFULL IM HANGING BY A THREAD,,,,,,,,,

2. Noqoilpi

Noqoilpi Regular member

I do not use Nero but I see a number of people here have problems using it. I use DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink. I use file mode w/main movie only then Re-author in Shrink and burn w/Decrypter.

Do you have any other burning software (Roxio) on your PC.

Your PC uses very little power when burning, so I do not think that other background programs are a problem.

You can turn them off by;
    a. Click Start
    b. Click Run
    c. In the box type msconfig
    d. Click OK
    e. Click on the Startup tab
    f. Click on Disable All
    g. Click on Apply
    h. Click on the Services tab
    i. Check the box for Hide All Microsoft Services
    J. Uncheck all boxes that have to do with your Internet Security, Antivirus and anything you can do without (not video, sound programs, etc)

l. Click Apply
    m. Click Close
    n. Click on Restart
    o. After Restart you'll have a System Configuration Utility box pop up: "Don't show this message or launch the System Configuration Utility when Windows Starts"

p. Click OK

To reset to normal
    a. Click Start
    b. Click Run
    c. In the box type msconfig
    d. Click OK
    e. Check the box for Normal Startup
    f. Click Close
    g. Click on Restart

3. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Noqoilpi, I have not seen many people have problems with Nero, Roxio yes, nero no. Since when did dvd burning not use up a lot of computer resources? Since when did having other progs running in the background not cause probs?
    I think you need to do a bit of looking around before bold statements like that.
    Neil16377, turn off ALL your other progs when you are reading/burning dvds. I have none, other than AnyDvd, in the background.

4. Noqoilpi

Noqoilpi Regular member

Sorry if I misrepresented the problem of background programs. I was referring to those that load at startup not other that he maybe running simultaneously.

But I see a number of newbies having trouble with Nero. A lack of knowledge?

As for burning resources, it is no way near those needed for encoding.

5. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Quote,
    "As for burning resources, it is no way near those needed for encoding."

What does that mean exactly?
    Nero is a very capable piece of software. Lack of knowledge of how it works can be a problem. Then again there are a lot of people out there who do not have a clue as to how PCs work. Not saying I am an expert!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2005
  6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

it sort of says a media issue here! the discs you got to work? what were these? and did every burn on this type disc work? if so stick with them, and you could check the media list for your drive...

7. neil16377

neil16377 Member

cheers lads ,,,great help, i have unchecked all unwanted programmes at startup and i have burnt 2 downloaded movies NO PROBLEMS, just one more thing i rented a movie called layer cake the other day, and wanted to copy it , but decrypter could not do it it stated that there was some kind of protectiopn on it decrypted had 30 odd retries then stopped completly, ive never had this before,,,once again thanks all you guyes that are helping beginers like me ,,brilliant and good luck to you all

8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Check the Decrypter website for the fix. It's out and has been talked about a little already on AD i suspect this is going to be the new RE2, Forgotten ect...

9. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

or use anydvd to aid rip?