1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help, cannot burn DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by zwaigo, Feb 13, 2005.

1. zwaigo

zwaigo Member

Hoping someone can give me some advice to what has become a very frustrating problem. I recently bought an internal DVD-RW drive, an IDE1008, which i installed myself. There was a copy of Power Producer which came with the drive and i began using this to burn DVD's, both AVI files and DV camcorder content. I had mixed sucess, which some DVDs working, and some working in some players and not others. After a few weeks, it stopped working altogether, advising me to re-install it which i tried but was unsucessful. After reading some of the guides on this website, I tried converting my AVI files with TMPGEnc to BUP, IFO and VOB files and then burning them with NERO but I still can't get it to work, it either stops burning at 53% or doesn't start burning, just saying burn process failed could not perform start of disc at once. I have also tried DVD santa and this also stops burning at around 20%. The guides recommend IFOedit but it doesn't seem to be compatitable with XP whihc I have.
    Now i'm just getting really frustrated and wasting loads of DVDr's. I'm using DVD+R PC Line.
    Can anyone give me some advice?

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

so did you go:

AVI to MPEG2 useing TMPGENC PLUS

then go:

MPEG2 to VOB/IFO/BUP in TMPGENC DVD Author (use this app to burn after conversion!)

========SIDE NOTE==============

you may have other issues like the media is no good! and not all standalone players will play copies! and some apps used may have wrong settings?

it sounds a few things you have there not just one thing to sort out!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2005
  3. zwaigo

zwaigo Member

So you recommend using TMPGENC for both encoding and burning?

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

there are 2 tmpgenc apps!

PLUS and DVD AUTHOR!