1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help!!! Can't burn DVD's anymore due to problem

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by donna1962, Jun 30, 2007.

1. donna1962

donna1962 Member

I have a problem burning and for the life of me cannot figure out what is going on. I'm sorry this post will be lengthy but I want to give all the facts..........
    I own an RCA DVD burner/VCR combo model # DRC8295. I have burned hundreds of DVDs with it. I use Memorex 16X 99% of the time. I ran out and went to my local *Mall Wart* and bought Maxell. I started to burn a tv show. It wouldn't burn and I got a message saying there was a disc error. I looked at the disc menu and it said I had 53 hours 3 minutes of record time available!! Wouldn't that be nice!! I brought the discs back to the store and bought Imation. SAME PROBLEM!! I also tried the discs in both my laptop and desktop, both which said "windows encountered an error" I went to Walgreens and bought TDK. Same problem. I went to Best Buy and bought the good ol Memorex. I can't believe it but I still cannot burn anything with laptop, desktop or RCA burner.

Can anybody help??

2. res2cue

res2cue Guest

first off, get away from Memorex, they are widely regarded as the worst you can buy. Of all the brands you mentioned not one is highly regarded. To make sure I would suggest getting a couple verbatims or made in Japan Sony's and try. It is odd, that you could find that many bad discs at once, but it's the only thing I think could be your problem. Now, having said that... make sure the discs you bought are a compatible format for your recorder (+/-, speed ect) On your PC make sure your firmware is up to date and such... but I really think that the media is the problem.

3. donna1962

donna1962 Member

I have been using the Memorex (burned over 300 of them) for almost 2 years and have never had a problem with them. I had the problem with Maxell, Imation and TDK first, now Memorex. I don't understand why I would have a problem with them now after all this time unless Memorex is using cheaper materials. I had this problem once before with Sony too. I use strictly DVD+R which is required for my RCA DVD burner and my new Dell laptop has a DVD R/RW+ - ultra speed drive. And as I said, none of these discs will work in my laptop either.

4. res2cue

res2cue Guest

it does seem strange. I can't think of any other reasons that the problem would suddenly be on multiple burners.

5. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

one reason it could be is memorex has different manufacturers as i have seen some memorex that were done by Richojpn and some CMC
    you can DL this program(free) to see who manufacturers your dvds

to see if the media is the problem you should do what res2cue said and pick up some Verbatims(wal-mart i believe doesn't sell them) or Taiyo Yudens(online) as those two brands are the most compatible with burners.