1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help (Climbing the WALLS!)

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Thweet, Dec 19, 2004.

1. Thweet

Thweet Member

I have read everything on the Disc Id Util. downloaded the bin and cue files and burnt them to cd-r (tried 2ce) and dvd-r (tried once) and booted them with swap magic discs. still wont work, just freezes on dvd and swap cd goes red, driving me insane. every forum leads to ps2ownz and ive gotta wait 5 days to read the "click here" thread for more info on how to do it! does anyone know if the ID UTIL wont load coz its NTSC and im in new zealand and use PAL. (discs, tv, playstation) thats the only excuse i can think of for it not working, PLEASE HELP :(

sly i no your out there i've read heaps of forums on this and you've helped everybody haha

2. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

Did you burn the cue with Alcohol 120%?!

3. Thweet

Thweet Member

no nero, forums sed either. i got the id util from ps2tools.tk or something and it doesnt say whether its the dvd or cd version, r they different, thanks heaps man i really wanna get this to work

4. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

Its the cd version. You burn to cd or dvd depending on which version you have.
    Try using cdloader to boot it.
    Also what brand cds you using?

5. Thweet

Thweet Member

oh you legend. its the cd version but also burn the cdloader onto the dvd-r aswell? datamax cd-rs. random unknown brand. 50 for $20 cheapest in new zealand buit i've copied cd-r based games on them etc they seem flawless. so all i need to do is burn the bin and cue files and the cd loader onto a dvd-r at the lowest speed? then boot it with wat swap disc? cd or dvd? thanks for your help! (i burned need4 speed undaground 4 times and it skipped all over the place and only found out yesterday wat DNAS was)

6. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

ok, so its not the cds.

cdloader = burn to cd-r!
    dvdloader = burn to dvd-r!
    same rules apply for the disc id utility.

one thing tho
    You must use the [bold]image burning wizard[/bold] to burn the cue file only!
    In your first post it sounds like your just dragging the bin-cue into nero and burning them.

Get Alcohol and use the image burning wizard, its alot easier.

7. Thweet

Thweet Member

oh you are a legend. rookie mistake yes i was just creating data discs (or coasters!) instead of extracting the bin. i downloaded alcohol 120 and burned the .cue and it works, thanks heaps!