1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help! CloneDVD freezes at 100% writing everytime

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by vrtual, Mar 17, 2005.

1. vrtual

vrtual Member

I have been researching on these boards since before xmas to learn how to burn/backup my DVD movies. I have read, saved, and printed out just about all the guides there is for this subject and I still ended up having a problem. I got an external burner (Sony Dual Layer DRX-710UL) for xmas and must have forseen this happening because I put off even taking it out of the box until two days ago. I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop. I installed DVDShrink and the Nero software(Nero, Nerovision Express2, Nero media player) the burner came with. I had no problem backing up my sons copy of THE SPONGEBOB MOVIE. However, when I went to back up Ladder 49 DVD Shrink kept freezing. I couldn't turn shrink off, came up as Not responding and then couldn't shut down my computer unless I held down the on button. After this happened a number of times and reading the Ladder 49 posts/problems I uninstalled dvd shrink and nero. I installed ANYDVD and CLONEDVD and tried again. This time it seemed like I was having sucess but then it froze at the point where it says Writing 100%(it would look as if it was done) then that program did the same thing (NOT RESPONDING). What was weird was that I decided to try the DVD backup of my Ladder 49 and it played fine all they way through til the last 10 minutes. I tried a different movie of mine Flight of the Pheonix and the exact thing happened. CloneDVD froze at 100% writing, however, this time there was nothing on the dvd backup. I have been trying to fix this myself for 2 1/2 days. I have searched and read everything I could find on here that I thought might help but I can't figure out what is happening here. Can someone PLEASE help me???I would really appreciate it. Oh I am using verbatim 8x DVDR.
    I hope someone is willing to help me out, this is very frustrating!!
    Thanks, Lisa [bold]: )[/bold]

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

vrtual,

Give the very first guide at my website a try the link is in my signature. Are you using CloneDVD or ClonDVD2? Make sure your USB Controllers are set to "Enhanced USB" in your device manager. Could also try updating the firmware for your DVDRW by going to the manufacturer's site and getting the latest update. In fact that should be the first thing you try.

3. vrtual

vrtual Member

bbmayo your guide it the on I followed step by step when I decided to try Clonedvd. It was very easy to follow thank you for that. I checked my usbs and only one of them says Standard enhanced PCI to USB Host controller. 2 others says Standard OpenHCD USB host controller while 3 say USB Root hub. As far as the firmware update do you mean the for the Sony burner I got for xmas? Could it already have an update? I appreciate your help with this. It drives me nuts that I finally decided to it and it was like a tease. It did the first one fine, I got all excited about doing my others and then BAM! forget it! LOL

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

[​IMG]
    Yes your firmware could have been outdated back in December before you even bought the drive from off of the shelf.. Need to update it. Also need to use quality media, and yes your USB controllers need to be in enhanced mode. Especially the one your burner is hooked up to. You should be able to get the drivers for them from the laptop manufacturer, and the DVDRW manufacturer.