1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help ! Compressing dvd to fit on 1 dvd and burning ps2 games

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by MasterRyu, Aug 21, 2003.

1. MasterRyu

MasterRyu Member

I bought DVD X COPY ver.1.5.2 Everything installed correctly but when it comes time to burning the dvd, it takes two or three dvd-r(4.7GB) to burn one regular dvd movie. I know it's due to some dvds being dual layer but how do i compress it so that it all can fit on one dvd-r. Can someone please give me step by step instructions on how to set this compression ratio. I just can't find that option in this software anywhere. If i can't compress it using this software then i might as well return it cause who wants to waste 3 dvd-r for one movie anyway. Also i was told that dvd x copy can also copy ps2 games. When i put a ps2 game in for reading, dvdx won't do anything with it. How can i set this software so that it can burn ps2 games. Thanx in advance

2. berny

berny Member

Go to the the guides section of this site and u will find a full gudie with a list of all the required tools to compress ur movie. Dont no bout PS2 games tho

3. berny

berny Member

Go to the the guides section of this site and u will find a full gudie with a list of all the required tools to compress ur movie. Dont no bout PS2 games tho

4. Raptorman

Raptorman Guest

you should have done a bit of research before you bought dvdxcopy, it sucks. If you want to compress a dvd9 to fit on a dvd 5 the cheapest option is dvd shrink (freeware). I think the best quality whole disc copying comes from Instantcopy, its what I use and I can hardly ever tell the difference between the original and my backup. As for the ps2 games, go into nero and select copy dvd :) it couldnt be any simpler.

here's a site for comparing the different dvd compression programs.
    http://www.cdfreaks.com/article/114/1

check out the results for whole disc copying and look how well Instantcopy did.

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Im not sure how it could take 3 DVD-R's?? You need to compress, visit the site in my signature!

6. MasterRyu

MasterRyu Member

thanks to everyone who helped with my question. looks like i was conned into buying this software from the folks at BEST BUY.

7. MasterRyu

MasterRyu Member

But in regards to ps2 games. I do have a nero enterprise edition program that i tried to burn ps2 games before. What i do is go into nero, select dvd when it prompts me to choose from dvd or cd, select copy a dvd, and then just pop in the game and burn away. It looks like it burned ok but i can't get it to work. I have a mod chip and a codebreaker software which is everything i think i need. all enabled code is entered correctly as far as i know. But i just can't get it to work on my ps2. It just keeps on prompting me to enter a ps2 or dvd disk. Can someone help? if it's just a matter of swapping the disk at the right time can someone tell me when to swap it. I know this is a newbie question but if someone could tell me exactly when i should swap it it would greatly be appreciated. the way i swap it is put the codebreaker in, click the codes for the game and just swap it with my back up copy when it prompts me to do so. thanx in advance

8. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

You'll have much better luck asking PS2 questions on the PS2 forums. Or just read through the posts; most of the info is already there.