1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLEASE HELP! Dev Hook 0.51

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by skyda, Feb 28, 2007.

1. skyda

skyda Regular member

I am new to this psp thing, but i recently downgraded my 2.50 to 1.50,

i then payed a professional to install devhook 0.46

it was superb! it had all the fetures with video themes and pictures and it looks absolutely stunning, i could run allmost any iso/cso from my 2gb memorystick,

it wasnt till i downloaded metalgear solid ops that i ran into problems,

it just wouldnt work, "black screen" even after compressing its large file down to 800mb or wateva cso file.

anyway, i did some searching and found out that it didnt work on devhook 0.46, and i had to get dh 0.51

so i found my self downloading this new devhook

out of frushtrastion, i formatted my memorystick via psp system menu to have a fresh start, so i wouldnt get so confused,

i followed this tutorial>

http://forums.pspcrazy.com/forums/p...s-how-install-devhook-pictures-step-step.html

so after installing i startup my psp and run devhook 0.51

now HELL THE fusk do i run my friggin iso!! for fusk sakes!

ALL i see is a frikkin stupid little menu with options that make no sence, it doesnt have anypictures or video themes or nothing, its so fuckin plain and useless!!

SOMEONE HELP ME!!!PLEASE!

heres what i see>

START DEVHOOK> = does nothing but black screen!

UMD SELECT>
    UMD DISC=does nothing,
    FILE EMULATION= no file?

FIRMWARE>

firmware 2.71(MS and MS=flash)
    firmware 2.80(MS or flash+MS)
    firmware 2.82(MS or flash+MS)
    firmware 3.01(MS or flash+MS)

CPU CLOCK
    BOOT MODE
    FLASH INSTALL
    OTHER MENU
    EXIT DEVHOOK

all i wont to do is open my friggin metal gear solid ops cso

so why cant i just select my damn ccso from the fuckin menu!???

its like its missing files or sumthing

can sumone just give me a link to where i can download a fully working devhook 0.51 with firmware 3.01 "FULLY" fuctional!!!!!PLEASE

where do you go to get a complete psp setup god dammit!?

2. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

you got ripped the eff off. payed an expert.......i hate to say it but someone made an installer that installs the files to the psp for you and has all the settings correct. Google devhook ultimate installer, I can gaurantee he used that and I would demand my money back. There is also an installer for devhook .51. I would read into custom firmware and flashing custom things to the psp to familiarize urself with the process, and then install a custom firmware ( OE ), you dont need devhook to play ISO's.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2007
  3. skyda

skyda Regular member

heres the thing, when i was using devhook, all i had to do was turn my ps2 on, select devhook from memorystick, select my iso, then i was good to go,

i dint have to reboot or fusk around or any bullshit like that,

everytime i find a so called " devhook installer" all it installs is a useless menu that doesnt even have the function to boot an iso from the devhook menu,

theres allways somthing missing or sumthing i have to move around,

frankly im too dumb to do anything else :(

i mean, whats all this, "firmware installer bullshit"?

why cant i just install devhook with every firmware ever made preinstalled, i dont know where to put the firmware, or the layout or watever,

seeing every tutorial is different, i get lost, and confused,

god, i honestly feel like crying

4. skyda

skyda Regular member

so tell me...how do i boot my iso/cso from my memory stick after downloading and installing "devhook 0.51 installer" ????

as far as i know i cant, causde there isnt the option to select a iso from my dam memorystick

5. superduty

superduty Guest

Dude, Skyda, CHILL OUT!!! Get D_A 3.03 oe-c. Don't know why you would screw around with devhook. Metal gear solid PO plays fine just like all games/psx/emu's/isos/csos/homebrew/etc./etc.. You start them just like a umd from your game menu. You also get a recovery mode just in case. I also posted in the MGS PO post just previous to this one how to get it to work if you do have problems. Just get D_A Custom Firmware 3.03 oe-c and enjoy everything that the newest sony firmware has to offer.

Note: there is D_A custom firmware 3.10 oe-a' but install 3.03 oe-c instead. No problems and full customization still available because of the decrypted topmenu_plugin

Have fun and chill the F*** out!!!!!!!!!!!

6. gerikoh

gerikoh Regular member

^omg, how much did you pay? you could have gone to a 3.03oe-c hassle-free with this forums. too bad :(

7. skyda

skyda Regular member

ok thanks for the help, sorry i went crazy but i was all pissed cause yea....

i got it working now anyway, i accidently posted this in the wrong thread before but i might as well post again..

i payed $15.00 plus shipping

its allright cause id rather pay than get stressed out anyway.

but i still hate the fact that my devhook looks so simple and lame now, no theme music icons or anything.. eh..

this is ho wi got it working anyway

you have to download these 3 things

"Devhook 0.51 - 3.01 FW support" < this is the actual devhook itself

http://dl.qj.net/Devhook-0.51-3.01-FW-su...11596/catid/114

"Devhook 3.01 FW Installer" < this is the 3.01 fw setup to run MGSPO

http://dl.qj.net/3.01-DevHook-Firmware-I...11615/catid/151

"FW 3.01 update" < this is the 3.01 PBP file to run the 3.01 Firmware

http://dl.qj.net/FW-3.01-update-PSP/pg/12/fid/11396/catid/163

First you install "Devhook 0.51 " onto your memorystick root, with the "PSP" "FBM" and "DH" folders.

then you copy the "Devhook 3.01 FW" folders
    "%__SCE__301_dh_fw_installer" and "%__SCE__301_dh_fw_installer" to the "GAME" folder in your memorystick.

then you copy the "FW 3.01 update" file to the root of your memory stick, and rename it to "EBOOT.PBP"

so yea, i was stressing over nothing as usual, and i appreciate all the help

8. skyda

skyda Regular member

and whats all this talk about 3.03oe-c, remmeber, im still a noob

9. skyda

skyda Regular member

and also, i must of been a few months behind, cause i didnt know that custom firmware existed, but i will give it a shot later on, thank gof=d for afterdawn aye? MUAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAH!!