1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help!!!!!!!!!....Do i need laser adjustment

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Hybrid41, Apr 30, 2003.

1. Hybrid41

Hybrid41 Member

All games i have burnt lately don't play....I am using the same media(cd-r) as before and using alcohol 120 to burn them.Could my laser need adjusting?All games i done before still work but the new ones don't,even though alcohol says it was burnt successfully.Any advice would be helpful

Thanx

Magic 3.1 chip
    Memorex media

2. c7015

c7015 Regular member

it dosent sound like a laser problem since your previously burnt games still work

it sounds like a problem with the burning software settings (ie making a multisession disk)

3. dochera

dochera Guest

DEFINITELY NOT A :ASER PROBLEM.
    DO NOT adjust your laser you will definitely have problems then. I agree with the above poster it definitely sounds like your burning software or burner itself is having issues. Have you tried burning any other cd's? say a disc full of mp3's or anything? do they work? try re-installing your software or updating it. Try burning at slower speeds, your burner may be begginning to show it signs of wear and tear!
    Good Luck hope this helps!

4. Hybrid41

Hybrid41 Member

that's what i don't get everything else i do....mp3's pc games all turn out finebut when ever i do ps2 backups it does niot work it say's burnt successfully but when i put it in the red screen for insert a ps2 format cd comes up previous backups still work but lately everything else doesn't...i can't figure it out.i tried different software like cdrwin...clone cd all those but with the same result.i have more coasters than games now

5. lirva

lirva Member

Wow that is definitely strange, but like dochera said, if you can still read other discs do not adjust your laser. I did that once and it messed the whole thing up! have you tried a friends burner? what about switching modes on your chip?

6. Hybrid41

Hybrid41 Member

the only thing i have done lately was fomated my computer...since then ps2 back ups don't work...but i will give a friends comp a try also...thanx