1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please help downgrade psp

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by badboyk, Feb 11, 2007.

1. badboyk

badboyk Member

i have been away for a while and have missed alot.. i have a psp which is white and is a version 2.6, and i want to downgrade to a version 1.5 so i can put devhook on it. however, i am not sure whether it is safe to do so on a white psp... any suggestions on how i SAFELY do this without bricking my psp... please helpp

thanks...

2. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

well first u need to find out if its a ta-082. if it is or not either way ull have to upgrade to 2.71.....then downgrade from there. the reason i asked about the ta-082 is because if it is...make sure to download the ta-082 version of the 2.71 downgrader.

3. badboyk

badboyk Member

how do i find out whether its a ta-082....

4. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

google ta-082....go to the first link.

5. badboyk

badboyk Member

i went to this website
    http://www.modchipstore.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=164
    i think its the one you gave me..
    and when i open the psp there is no text on the right hand side at the top but on the left hand site there is something written in orange which is hard to see.. after looking at it with a torch it says something like IC6001.. but this is on the left hand side and the image shows the writing on the left hand side.. so does this mean that i have a ta-082 or not???
    thanks..

6. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

If it doesnt have the numbers/text on the right side behind the UMD door it is a non-ta082...download the 2.71 easy downgrader...it has all the files, walks u thru it, and takes u straight to 1.5.

7. badboyk

badboyk Member

ok so first i need to upgrade the 2.6 white psp to 2.71 right?.. do you know any websites where i can do this safely... and then i have to downgrade that 2.71 to 1.5..
    will any of this harm my psp?

8. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

anytime u mess with flash u can muck up your psp and turn it into a brick. if you follow instructions u should be good. anyhow go to psp-hacks.com u can find both the 2.71 update and the downgrader there. both safe, used both many times.

9. badboyk

badboyk Member

thanks!! and is all of this software good to use with the white psp?
    have you ever downgraded a white psp?
    and last question.. i saw a Complete AIO Package on psp hacks.com
    should i get this or get the other one?

10. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

It's all up to you, and yes it's all safe to use on a white psp. I am an owner of one and had to go thru the same exact process.