1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help..DVD Player that plays burnt dvd's and is great for a theator system...

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by bk_ny_718, Jan 4, 2005.

1. bk_ny_718

bk_ny_718 Member

I am new to this and need some help getting a dvd player that will play burned dvd's from the computer and will work very well in surround sound.I am building a little home theator and getting a wide screen TV also.Please let me know the best DVD player I can get.My budget is wide open.I just need it to work well..

Thank you
    E.M

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

burn a movie and bring it to the store. throw it in a dvd player.

3. chahal4

chahal4 Member

i love the philips dvp 642, it has divx playback so u can fit 5-7 dvdrips on one dvdr and it also has progressive scan so its worthy of home theatre and its region free so its all good. check it out

4. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

bk_ny_718:

"My budget is wide open"
    Oh how I envy you, :)

The philips dvp 642 is a great player for divx/mpeg/xvid movies, its what I have and I love it. Using its optical output, it sounds beautiful, and using component cables on my sony wega trinitron 32"(which isnt hd), it looks great. Since a budget is not a problem for you, it might make since to go ahead and buy this one(its only $70) if you plan on downloading lots of stuff from the internet. But for your little home theater in the making, I might suggest going a different route. You say you're getting a wide screen tv. What size are you planing on getting? and I assume its going to be an hd model. If you're going for a big one, and even a mid sized one, you should probably go for a DVD player that upconverts to HD quality video, since regular dvd players, even using good cables, can't hold a candle to hd signal content. The Zenith DVB318 has tested well. You should check that one out if you're just planning to play copied dvds.

5. SnowDog9

SnowDog9 Member

I am new to this also. But if budget is no limit why not go for a pioneer elite 59ai, the video and audio quality is astonding, it will up convert to 720p and 1081i and will play according to the website anyway dvd-rw. I havent started copying my dvd's yet but soon and will let you know how they play on it. If anyone else knows how the backups play on it let me know please. It runs for about 850-880 us online.

Snowdog9