1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help DVD Shrink

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Brett1975, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Brett1975

Brett1975 Guest

Okay, I have DVD Shrink 3.2.0.15, and have Nero on my computer. I am unsure what version it is, but I know when I make non-movie CD's, I use Nero Express 6. I am unsure on how to find the version #, etc?

Well, I'm trying to make copies of some movies. DVD Shrink seems to put the files correctly on my computer, but for some reason, it ends there.

On my laptop I have the same set-up, but after putting the files on the C: drive, it asks for blank media, at which time I insert a DVD +/- R, and it burns fine.

Is there something/somewhere where I can burn these DVD's from my desktop? I believe I have all the necessary tools to do it properly. I feel I set-up the programs in the same fashion on both desktop and laptop. Again, the laptop seems to have developed some association between the nero and dvd-shrink.

Thanks in advance.

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You can setup DVD Shrink to burn with Nero or DVD Decrypter below is an image of how to set this up. You will get this option window after you click the Backup button...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2007
  3. Brett1975

Brett1975 Guest

Thank Larry, but still not quite working.

I did what you said...and have "ISO Image File and burn with DVD Decrytor"

I did notice DVD Decrytor was up after it made the ISO file. What would be the next step?

I have DVD Decrytor in the past, but only to put the files onto my hard drive, and then use shrink to burn (think it uses nero??).

I'm unsure on the next step, but on my laptop shrink would simply ask for me to put in a blank media. Why can't I get this step?

Here is my screen. At this point, I click "ok" and then I was at the Decrytor window (minus 20 minutes or so). An ISO file was created after checking windows explorer. Not sure what ISO means??

Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2007
  4. Brett1975

Brett1975 Guest

I checked my lapttop and it does have the "burn with nero" option.

Why does this option not present itself on my desktop? I uninstalled it once, and re-installed it thinking it installed improperly the first time. Appreciate some help.

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Do you have a DVD burner in your Desk Top computer?

What is the model number of the CD/DVD drive?

You might have a DVD-ROM/CD Burner combo which in that case you can read DVDs but only burn CD-Rs.

6. Brett1975

Brett1975 Guest

Yes, there is a DVD burner w/ lightscribe...came w/ my hp cpu.

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

So DVD Decrypter didn't burn the DVD?

I have no idea why DVD Shrink will not let you use Nero as an option. Do you have Nero installed on your desktop PC?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2007
  8. Brett1975

Brett1975 Guest

I just used Decryptor, and YES it did burn my movie for me. However, it can't burn like Nero. I had to have an ISO file to use Decryptor? Nero is able to burn a folder w/ files.

I really appreciate the help.

I would really like to know why Shrink doesn't allow me to use Nero. ???

9. Brett1975

Brett1975 Guest

I'm not sure if I burned it correctly in DVD Decryptor...

Here is the burn process. I simply noted that after I copied it, my computer was hesitant on playing it. I'm going to try on my DVD player in the living room as we speak. Unless I say otherwise, the disk will not play on my DVD players.

[​IMG]

10. Brett1975

Brett1975 Guest

IT WORKED!!

Now for my other issues. Anybody know how to get Shrink to acknowledge I have Nero, so I have it as an option to burn my movies with.

Thanks.