1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please help!! dvd won't play!!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by paris1129, Aug 18, 2004.

1. paris1129

paris1129 Member

I purchased my absolute favorite foreign film (not out on region 1) from overseas a while back and burned a copy using dvd shrink and a region free program. This copy was set as region 0, removing all code as are some of my region 1 copies set. This copy has since played in my computer and other dvd players. However, I just purchased a panasonic dvd recorder this weekend, and this player will not play this copy!!! I get an error msg that reads "cannot play disc." The only thing I can think of is that it is a dvd-r recorder and the copy is on dvd+r, but it should still play shouldn't it??? If anyone has any info to help, please let me know. I love this film and really want to be able to watch it!!

2. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Hello paris1129. :)

I'm affraid most (if not all) Panasonic set-tops will not play DVD+R discs. :/

P.S: an option would be for you to copy your DVD+R backup to DVD-R. ;)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

For DVD Shrink and related softwares guides and information, please visit http://www.dvdshrink.info[/small]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2004
  3. paris1129

paris1129 Member

Every other dvd+r copy that i have tried so far will play in this unit, except for this foreign copy! Its so frustrating!!

4. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

"[bold]Every other dvd+r copy that i have tried so far will play in this unit[/bold]"
    Well, I was not aware of that, was I? :D

My suggestion still stands though. ;)

5. paris1129

paris1129 Member

Well, I tried a new copy on DVD-R format, and it still does not play. I get the same "cannot play disc" message. Any suggestions?? I really really would like to get this to work. It is a new player and I have not been able to find a remote hack for multiregion or anything like that!!

6. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Well, you did say the backup was now region free, so region-mismatch shouldn't be an issue.

The only thing I can think of is your new Panasonic might not be able to play PAL discs (if the disc is indeed in PAL format).

7. paris1129

paris1129 Member

But it plays on other dvd players, even the really cheap ones. Are they capable of playing PAL format?

8. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

I don't know, paris1129, I'm only guessing at this point.

You could try DVDInfoPro (http://www.dvdinfopro.com/) to check the original backup for corrupted data and such.

Yes, I know, it plays in other set-tops, but I'm running out of idea.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

For DVD Shrink and related softwares guides and information, please visit http://www.dvdshrink.info[/small]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2004
  9. paris1129

paris1129 Member

Well, I appreciate your input on the matter. If you have any other ideas, I would love to hear them, or know someone else that might have a clue. I will keep looking for an answer!!

10. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

I'll let you know if anything else comes to mind.
    Hopefully someone else will come to your help. ;)