1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please help dvdshrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by dean2312, Jan 18, 2004.

1. dean2312

dean2312 Member

I have been using dvd shrink to back-up my kids dvd collection (with nero 5.5 and phillips dvd+R burner) but have run into a tricky problem :(

The disks play fine on the ps2, xbox, all both my pc and laptop dvd-drives, but they wont play in a standalone dvd player!!!! At first i just thought the standalone couldn't handle dvdr media but it seems this isnt the case as it plays dvdr that wasnt shrunk with dvdshrink. (mp3 files and camcorder recordings etc)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

if it plays in the ps2 and xbox you did it right. Your player must be very picky on how it is burned and what media is used.

3. dean2312

dean2312 Member

See thats what I thought until by accident I found that the standalone does play the media, so long as it didnt go through shrink first.

I have tried the disks on evryones dvd player I know, and with a very few exeptions they wont play.

I havn't had chance to try other methods of shrinking / burning yet as I'm working, but its just a problem I havn't noticed anyone writing about and just wondered if it sounded like a glaring setting i was missing or something

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi dean2312, What brand player are you having the problem with? The player may be able to read burned media but it could be a mismatch with the -R +R types.
    Jerry

5. dean2312

dean2312 Member

thanks for all your help, I have the problem sorted, tho its still a strange 1. I took the disks into a local store and tried them out, it was about a 50/50 split on what played them.

I have retried using imgtool and dvd decrypter, this has sorted the problem.

I t has nothing to do with media, its just the way nero and dvdshrink are interacting on this setup.

Like I said, its a strange one - If it was something I was doing wrong, they surely wouldn't have played on half the dvd players, but now the same media plays on everything first go.

I am still using shrink to cram to 1 disk, and that works fine

6. yuedana

yuedana Regular member