1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help experienced 360 flasher

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by mb5030, Feb 18, 2011.

1. mb5030

mb5030 Member

First I want to make it clear that I do have some experience with flashing 360 drives. I have flashed two Lite-On 74850Cs and a BenQ VAD6038 (which I'm currently using with 0800 FW). I have flashed every iXtreme release from 1.5 up to LT+. So I've done this a number of times.

I'm trying to flash another 74850C for a friend. I have the CK3+probe, the VIA VT6421A controller, and Jungleflasher as well as DosFlash. My 6421A has had all its drivers removed and I manually installed the PortIO32 driver.

I won't say I've never had a problem with doing this, but I did get into the habit of it, and I've been able to flash a drive within 10 minutes the past few times I've done it. Perhaps I'm getting rusty, but I'm thinking this particular drive is just being very stubborn.

When I open Jungleflasher and click the DVDKey 32 tab, under Drive Properties everything looks to be in order except the DVD Key says Not Found. When I probe the R707 and click DVDKey32 to dump the key, I keep getting a Bad Serial Data error.
    So I try DosFlash32, which I've had more luck with in the past. If I say no to resend the MTK Vendor Intro and go straight to Get Liteon Key, it tells me to make sure drive is half-open, blablah I've already done this so I click Yes (while probing R707 of course)... it tries to extract the key 10 times and fails every time.

I'm going to rip my hair out. Please tell me I'm forgetting something simple. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

2. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member