1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help; Geniune Problem: VDub Error Code -2 (Have tried Everything)

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Enc0de, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Enc0de

Enc0de Member

I am getting a error at the very beginning of the encode save (nth pass) with VDub. I did search the forum, and found one post on it, but no good explaination. My resize is set to 640x480, which is in VDub, not DivX. I have tried almost everything I could think of. I still get that error. Source image format is unacceptable (error code -2).

Would the bidirectional, quarter pixel or GMC cause this? I have tried the original res (720x480). Depth color is set to 24bit. Video is set to 'full processing' and I've tried audio at 'direct stream' and 'full compression'. I have tried precise bilinear, precise bicubic, lanczos 3. I have checked and double-checked that my res is divisable by 16 (640x480 and 720x480). I have searched this forum and the forum over at doom9.org. Nothing, and I mean nothing, that I have attempted has worked. I know this topic is posted over and over again, and I apoligize for posting this one. But none of the advice has worked. I am at my wits end here.

The movie that I am encoding is Matrix-Revolutions, incase anyone has any experience with that movie.

2. collarme

collarme Regular member

Try converting your movie with Mpeg Mediator. I used to mess around with VDub until I found this program.

3. HALTRON

HALTRON Member

What is the file format of the original?

4. Enc0de

Enc0de Member

it's a vob.

I would use gordian knot, except that will only work with divx 5.0.2, which I can't find the pro version of that.

5. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Huh? GKnot works with everything.
    I use it for XviD (1.0.3-20122004)
    The latest DivX is 5.2.1 which is required for compatibility if you have SP2 installed.
    Try GordianKnot + XviD for very good results :^)
    I have a nice MPEG4 of this movie - is yours not the widescreen 2.35:1?
    My AVI is 704x304 in the widescreen format.
    Nothing unusual about this disk.
    Try using the latest DVDDecrypter in IFO mode.
    Then GKnot. Stay away from quarter-pixel; bidirectional okay; GMC okay if starved for bits but will make playback more demanding (hardware-wise).
    Note that the Height must be divisible by 16, however the width must be divisible by 32!
    Don't encode manually with VDub if you can avoid it...
    GKnot serving to VDubMod via AVS, including advanced error-correction capabilities, is a hot setup ;^)
    I used only DivX 5.2.1 Pro, but have switched recently to XviD.
    I know all the settings for ultimate top-quality (it's an overnight job) - write back here if I can be of further assistance, I will help you...
    Don't worry, we'll get it ripped :^)
    Regards

EDIT: oh yeah, delete KGyGaAvL.sys !hidden file! in %system32% directory
    There's a nasty bit of DivX Labs spyware (or something) for you...
    Dunno what it was but it's gone now.
    It was 1.2GB+ file (gross!) and now I use only XviD. Koepi for President!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2005
  6. Enc0de

Enc0de Member

I guess I am mistaken about DivX 5.2.1. I was getting an error with Gordian... It couldn't open the vdenc log, mostly because the log was never created :) I was under the impression that the log is automaticly created, when the first pass starts. So I went on a Gordian Knot forum, and they kept saying that you had to have the DivX 5.0.2 codec. I was trying to encode with the new beta (0.35).

I don't have that Kgygaavl file. Sure it came from DivX? I unhid all system files.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2005