1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help ( I am a newbie ) Question about Modded PS2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Noriko82, May 16, 2004.

1. Noriko82

Noriko82 Regular member

I'll be short and sweet here so i won't waste your valuable time. i have bought my PS2 two days back and it came Proffesionally modded, They said that it is Magic 3.XX something and it is suppose to play all the games that is been backed up or copied. but When i play PS2 games they work fine, but PS1 games are not botting up. Thats not all, it is not booting up any DVD"S that is other than Region 2 or Region free. I tried what http://www.modchip.com says, Holding the Reset button, i did it whole day long and it didn't work. Any Solution please?
    and is there any possible way to find out what is the modchip exactly in my PS2?....... other than opening the Cover?.
    it is a V10 that means SCHP - 50004 PAL but it can play NTSC games well ( only PS2 ). I did my best to boot a PS1 game didn't work at all.

Question No2 : I bought this game True Crime : Streets Of La ( Which is a copied DVD but not a DVD-R ). i wanted to check wheter it reads well so i put it on the PC DVD and used NERO -CDSPEED - SCANDISC to check it, there are three red bad sectors in the game and game doesn't copy in to a any ISO. it gets aboarted on error. but DVD Decryptor manage to make a ISO out of the game using 4 retries with no errors. I don't have a DVD BUrner so clone cd and Nero didn't work on DVD imaging. Does that mean there is a COpy Protection in the game or the CD has bad sectors that i might get stuck in the middle of the game somewhere when i play in PS2?..... please help me i am desperate with these stuff. Game works fine on PS2 except for occasional hang in ACTIVISION Logo but sometimes i don't get it.....

2. Noriko82

Noriko82 Regular member

Is there any possible way to modify a PS2 without using a modchip or using a Slide card soemthing? Coz i am bit worried if these people have modified my ps2 without using Modchips, thats freaking plz let me know!

3. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

You can get a fliptop cover or slide card along with the swap magic boot discs and you should be good to go.

4. WEStar

WEStar Active member

you're probably not doing the booting method correctly (holding reset) I say this because both dvd mode and ps1 mode are both reached the same way, the only way to find out what mod is in there is to open up the ps2 since there are a few modchips that will play backed up games directly. Also, you're not allowed to talk about illegal things on this forum or you'll get banned (buying copied games for example).

5. Noriko82

Noriko82 Regular member

Woops sorry , i totally forgotten it is illegal!! coz it's not illegal on this island. one more thing, i just bought this NFS:Underground DVD. it works fine on PS2 but when i put on PC DVD and checked it using NERO CD SPEED / SCANDISC. it shows bad sectors!!! but how come it works fine on PS2 if there is bad sectors?. Is it because it has a copy protection?.

PS2 doesn't even struggle to read it, just smoothly reads.