1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help, I got alot of questions- GTA:SA, MGS3!!!!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by uLie, Dec 24, 2004.

1. uLie

uLie Member

Where should i start? I got a dvd burner and swap magic v3.3, and i have started to burn Ps2 games. Some games i have burnt already are Fight Club, Ace Combat 5 and Burnout 3 and they all WORK perfectly. The games that DON'T work for me seem to be the bigger games that require alot of loading. GTA San Andreas and MGS 3 both DON'T work. They will boot and take for ever to load and if they work every time it has to load it might take for ever or just stop. For example in GTA when driving things will not load like fences and building for about 30 seconds and it will go to the black screen that says error loading the GTA disk.
    I have a nice dual layer sony dvd burner. From reading these forums i think the problem is from the dvd's i use. I have those colored Memorex 8x that i found on sale for real cheap so i bought some dvd- and dvd+ ones. What is the best DVD media to use? I have a version 4 Ps2.Should i use dvd+ or dvd- disks??? I especially wanted to hear what people that have gotten either or both of these games to work have used. I tried to burn GTA and MGS3 on my crappy memorex dvd's using Alcohol 120 and DVD Decryptor and Nero 6; none have worked, so i don't think the software has much to do with it. Someone help me i want to get these games playing right.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2004
  2. Ya_Boi

Ya_Boi Member

if your're are infact getting disc read errors, then try a more expensive media. I believe most people have better luck with DVD+r

3. Nismo32

Nismo32 Member

I used memorex dvd -r at 8x with nero and San andreas worked for me... i have other games on my memorex dvd -r 8x so it cant be the cd cuz they all work fine.. plus i have swapmagic 3.3 with ps2 ver 4 like you.. my burner is a Plextor PX-716X 16X burner.. but my copy of GTA was from the net instead of original and i burned it at 8x. its the only game i have burned at 8x that works, normally i use the lowest speed possible. but then again i dont have colored dvds i use the silver ones and people all tell me that TDK and Verbatim are better, but my memorex still work 4 me.. i use all those progs u mentioned and they work 4 me.. the only prob i have is with MGS3 i have a downloaded usa ver and i cant seem to burn that one at all. so i might just go and get some TDK's or Verbatim and try it out.. ill let u know if it works..

4. uLie

uLie Member

Yo Nismo thank you so much for your post. Yea my GTA SA is internet download too. What is the problem you have with burning your MGS3? Anyway soon i'm going to buy acouple different brands i hear are good like ritek g04's with some of my christmas cash. Yea, let me know how it goes with those TDK's or Verbatim's. Funny how some things work for some people and not for others.