1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help! Im Lost!

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by CaBoy5, Apr 14, 2004.

1. CaBoy5

CaBoy5 Member

Hi, this is my new time posting and am I glad I found this forum!
    Here is my problem:
    I just bought a new digital camcorder, it is a Panasonic (PVGS12) and i got it because it can take digital still pictures aswell. So far thats all i have been able to do with it. I do not know how to get my video into my computer! I have the USB cable for pictures and the SD disk but for the video i cannot get. It has 2 inputs, one for USB and another for Mini DV. For the Mini DV i have only found Firewire. The problem is, my computer doesnt seem to have a Firewire port. What am I to do? is there a special cable or a external port i can buy?

Thank you for you help!

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

You need something like this:

http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat_id=215&sku=29559

You could probably find a card like this at Circuit City or some other computer store.

I just lacked the firewire cable for my camcorder, All I could get through the USB port were the stills. Once I hooked up the right cable it worked like a charm. I have a firewire port on my PC so I didn't need a card. The cable costs about as much as the card does!