1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help! I've tried everything

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by rusaved, Jan 28, 2005.

1. rusaved

rusaved Member

Before you roll your eyes and see that this is another Friday night lights and Forgotton problem plese read on. I think that I have tried everything people have suggested in order to burn Friday Night lights. I downloaded the new version of decrypter and ripped it to my hard drive. I then opened Shrink, clicked on file and then clicked disc image then chose a folder for the temp to be placed for Nero and then clicked ok. Shrink would start and get to 1% and then freeze up or an error message will pop up that says Program error-Exception occured. I've also tried downloading AnyDVD V4.5.6.2 and I think that it is runing in the background because shrink will have in the decrytion status: Not encrypted. I have burned many DVD's with Shrink and love it but I hate to be defeated by the industry. I have plenty of computer muscle to do anything and it is cooled very well. Please help..Thanx

2. Veblin

Veblin Active member

3. rusaved

rusaved Member

Hey Veblin, I gave this a try and it started to work until it gets to about 16% and a screen pops up and says that I'm out of memory. I watched the buffer continually climb until it maxis out my memory. I tried to end programs that would be running in the background such as anydvd etc.. But it still does this. Any suggestions would be great. I will look at more threads to see if anyone else had this problem. Thank you for responding

4. Veblin

Veblin Active member

From your post.
    Did you rip in Mode > ISO > Read or Mode > File?

From the first suggested post.
    I have heard that when DVD Shrink tries to work with a ripped ISO that has Multiple angles or both Wide and Full screen versions, this can cause a out of memory error. Try ripping in File Mode instead and Open Files in DVD Shrink. This may avoid the out of memory error.

5. rusaved

rusaved Member

Ok, I will try this and get back to you. Thanx

6. rusaved

rusaved Member

Ok, I’ve tried using DVD Decrypter with it in file mode and then used the method of saving extras as a still image and I was able to copy the movie but had to push next on my remote in order to get past the still screen that says “Video has been removed”. At least I am able to watch the movie, but it bothers me that I cant copy the DVD with the extras on it etc. I like to watch them. I might be to greedy but if this is going to be how more movies are encrypted, then I want to know how to beat it. I also used the method of copying just the movie with scrolling forward a little bit, which was mention in another thread, but again, no extras. I will keep looking and trying but would like to thank you for responding to my problem