1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLEASE HELP!! Joystick gets stuck with 303oe-c.

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by satcgal, May 30, 2007.

1. satcgal

satcgal Member

I have the same problem in 2 psp's I upgraded to 3.03oe-c. Problem is the joystick gets stuck when it can be controlled up or down. For ex. playing NBA07 players keep moving even when you don't touch joystick or direction buttons but when I play diner dash (which don't use joystick or d-pad) everything is fine. Has anyone heard of this problem?

I can only think it's because of the firmware because it hadn't happened before I upgraded and I was running a 1.5fw with devhook and that never happened. It can't be bad isos either because I used to play the NBA07 with no problem when running devhook.

Any suggestions? Please help! Thanks.

2. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

You mean just the analogue stick or direction buttons as well? If it's the analogue, try loosening then tightening all the screws on the back of the psp.

3. satcgal

satcgal Member

I loosened the screws to the point where I could see a bit inside the case and it made no difference. The players move by themselves in the game NBA whether you try to control them with d-pad or analog stick. Also happens with Virtua Tennis and basically any game where you control up or down from what I noticed.

I really like this custom firmware but I have this problem and don't know what to do except return to 1.5. =(

4. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Ok, it's very likely to be a problem with the analoug stick. To make sure, go to the internet browser, where you can use the analog to move the cursor around. Do you notice the cursor moving by itself? Or particularlly slow in one direction? The loosening the tightening screw thing usually fix it. You can try restoring to 1.5 and come back to another OE.

5. satcgal

satcgal Member

Yup! You're right! The joystick moves down by itself in the browser. Guess I'll be opening it up and see what's jamming it. Thanks very much. It's just so weird that the same thing happened to 2 psp's at the same time after updating fw to 3.03oe-c.

6. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Well, try reflash the OE, just to rule out any software glitches. If that didn't work, open up the faceplate and clean the parts to the analog stick.
    Here's a guide on how to replace an analog stick, it has some nice pictures telling you what to take off: http://store.richspsxparts.com/psprehowtore.html

If the problem still persists, you might really have to get a new analog stick. They are cheap and are all over ebay.