1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help! Matshita (Panasonic) SW-9581

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by deltadev, Oct 29, 2003.

1. deltadev

deltadev Member

I purchased my Matshita sw-9581 drive from eBuyer.co.uk. I had a few DVD's already copied from a friend so i backed them up. Then when i got round to backing my own original DVD's it wont let me. I have tried multiple programs but they all give me errors like "Error Reading Sectors - DVD X Copy Xpress".

As i stated it will copy 'copied' dvds and will burn data to dvds. (Orange Bulkpaq 4x)

I have cjecked my region and everything seems to be fine, i dont understand whats going on.

When i installed the official drivers all it did was put another drive on my computer, without drivers i had (A, C, D), when i installed the drivers i had (A, C, D, E) D drive not accesible and labelled as Removable drive.

I sent it back to ebuyer and they said there was no fault but they did not try to copy a dvd. Any ideas? thanks a lot in advance :)

2. nobbi1977

nobbi1977 Member

Sounds like a world of problems. First uninstall all the drive software you dont need it. I would then try Shrink, as its free, to ripp a film. try playing this ripp off your harddrive to make sure it is ok. if it is try a demo of Nero to burn (its also free for a bit)

Update all the firmware on the drive and your motherboard

3. deltadev

deltadev Member

thanks nobbie, i did uninstall the drivers and it went back to normal. i also told ebuyer that in my computer the drive shows as "CD-ROM (D:)", they say this is correct? i do not believe so as my friend has a matshita drive which shows as DVD-RAM in my computer.

The latest firmware is b102, this is what the default microsft driver has, tried the official ones and its just the same. scoured web sites for rcp-1 flash to see if that would help but couldnt find any :(