1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help me bakup games

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by khalil, Jan 3, 2005.

1. khalil

khalil Member

i have the game on my computer and i use nero 6 to burn it but my xbox cant read the dvd i tried befor and worked fine just now it dosent and i wasted about 10 dvds trying. my dvd burner is called LG and my xbox chip is aladin advance 64 so can any1 tell me the problem?

2. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

Is the game on your computer an image(iso) of the game or is it in file form?

If it's an image make sure your using the correct option in Nero to burn from image. I've had a few game images that don't work once I've burned them to dvd.
    If the disc doesn't work, most of the time I'll extract the image with Craxtion into file form and FTP the files to the xbox hard drive and try to play it from there.95% of the time it'll play from my HDD on the xbox after I do this.Don't know why the disc's don't work but I'm happy the HDD method does.

If the game is in file form to start with you can also create an image using Craxtion or other xbox image creating software.

3. khalil

khalil Member

i am not sure if it is iso format because i used flash to download it and then i use nero 6 to burn it with dvd iso and udf and check this box on nero saying "force dvd compatible mode: (required for xbox TM) and then i burn it and it worked befor but noe i dont noe what to do?

and can u tell me where to get craxion and how to use it thas so very much please mail me and what is the hardrive method and the ftp i use is flash fxp

plese mail me bak and thanx for ur help so far

and can u tell me where to get craxion and how to use it thas so very much please mail me and what is the hardrive method and the ftp i use is flash fxp

4. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Did you use Nero to make an iso of the game?

If you did, that's your problem.

5. imiz

imiz Member

With all these image burners(nero, alcohol 120%), you can only copy an already copied xbox game. There is no standalone burner that'll do it directly fom your pc. You'll have to use the ftp method.

6. khalil

khalil Member

I am using the ftp format by putting the origanal game in my xbox and then copying to my pc by useing flash fxp and then I use nero burning rom to burn the games. Also i use Nero 6 to burn it with dvd iso and udf and check this box on Nero saying "force dvd compatible mode: (required for xbox TM).

7. imiz

imiz Member

Try DVD Decrypter instead of Nero.

8. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

flash to download it?? flashfxp? if so then your probably talking about ftp'ing the contents of a disc from your xbox dvdrom drive to your computer.This will be in game file format,not iso image.You'll have to create an xiso using Craxtion or some other xbox image creating software. http://www.craxtion.com/download.html