1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help me convert a file here!

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by lisapro15, May 6, 2007.

1. lisapro15

lisapro15 Member

Hi there. I was wondering on does anybody in here know on how to convert a movie that has a divx extension on it. In other wards i have a movie here that i got from a friend and it plays on his computer but when we go to play on our dvd players it doenst. Says something that like unknown disc. I am thinking its the format of that movie. I put it in my computer and noticed when i went to properties that it was a divx format. So my question to anybody is how can i convert that format into something like ummm iso image? Please if u know please tell me step by step b/c i'm very new to this computer language. lol.. also, if u can please let me know which programs i need and where can i get them.. thanks so much for reading this and any upcoming comments...

lisa :)

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi lisapro15
    Well your in the Shrink forum but Shrink can't convert dl's in this format.

Here's a free program that will w/ a guide - DivXtoDVD.
    You can then burn the video_ts folder with your burning program of choice.
    If you need one you can use the free ImgBurn. You would use the build mode to add the video_ts folder and burn.

If you have Nero you can also use Vision to convert & burn with.

3. PSPgirl

PSPgirl Guest

If the movie is already on your computer you can use a freeware program called SUPER to convert almost anything. Ive never tired it with a DivX extension but you can always use the program for something else. Once you get super just drag the movie file into the program and tell it the format you want it in under the output container and when its done you will be able to watch your movie.

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

There's a bunch of conversion programs both freeware and retail. I've had the best luck out of the ones Binkie mentioned, ConvertXtoDVD and Nero Vision from the Nero 7 suite. If you don't do much conversion and just want to do this one, the Nero Vision trial is full function and gives you a clean output. If you've got the full version of Nero 7, you've got it made. The ConvertXtoDVD trial marks video output. I've heard some people brag on DVDSanta. It's been around for a while now. I don't know about a trial. WinAVI has a shareware version and there's some retail software as well.
    http://www.free-codecs.com/download/WinAVI_Video_Converter.htm

5. lisapro15

lisapro15 Member

thx all your help was most wanted here. I really am happy b/c u guys really taught me something. Take care and god bless

lisa :eek:)

6. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

You're welcome lisapor15
    Happy Burning!
    And if you need any more help you know where to go :)