1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help me decide

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by liebs, Oct 18, 2004.

1. liebs

liebs Member

I know this topic comes up again and again and most of you must be sick of it but........
    I currently use dvd decrypter & dvdshrink for backing up my movies. I'm finding this really time consuming. A friend suggested dvdxcopy platinum which seemed like a great idea, and would hopefully reduce the time and complexity involved. Unfortunately my system seems to hate the version i installed (Platinum V4.0.3.8)
    My quesiton is this.....
    Can anyone suggest another version of dvdxcopy that is reliable and easy to use. one that rips, transcodes and burns in one (as I hear some versions don't rip)
    Failing this, can anyone suggest another product similar to xcopyplatinum that I might try (doesn't have to be a free version)

many thanks

2. andmerr

andmerr Guest

how about clonedvd ver2 and Slysofts Anydvd running together.The results will equal that of platinum.There are trial version available.Just do a search in google for it

3. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

The DVDX series has always had its problems. I finally came to the conclusion I would never get my money's worth, and took it off my system. And this was before they closed the doors.

As long as quality isn't an over-riding issue, I would have to go along with andmerr's suggestion. AnyDVD will unlock the lastest copy protection, and CloneDVD will do the rest.