1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help me downgrade my PSP 2.71

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by TMNTPOWER, Jun 7, 2007.

1. TMNTPOWER

TMNTPOWER Member

I have tried everything with this PSP.
    I have one with a 2.71FW and it's also a TA-082 unit, I was able to read both numbers. I'm trying to downgrade it to play emulators.

I have used two different downgraders
    1. TA-082 downgrader by Dark-Alex (Hend).
    2. 2.71 ta-082 ta-086 downgrader with (1.5 Enabler).

I always get one of two error messages.
    1. Error Decrypting DATA.PSP
    2. Extracting Prxs. Wrong PDP File.
    Then it restarts.

Was I suppose to do something, that I didn't. Please help me

2. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Don't make multiple threads about the same thing. And try using a guide to make sure you don't mess up.

3. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

@TMNTPOWER

Heres a guide to take a ver. 2.71 PSP with your motherboard to firmware 1.5

To begin with put aside all the files you already have for the downgrade in a separate folder and format your memory stick. I say this to ensure two things 1)that you don't get the files I give you and the ones you already have mixed up, and 2) formatting the memorystick before a downgrade decreases your chance of bricking.

Okay to begin you will need the TA-082 2.71 Downgrade Files and the firmware 1.5 update files. Download links below...

TA-082 2.71 Downgrade Files
    Firmware 1.5 Update

Now to prepare to downgrade...

1)1. Open the 2.71 TA-82 downloaded files and extract all files to the root (topmost/first folder) of the memory stick. As shown below...
    [​IMG]

2)Copy over the 1.5 update EBOOT.PBP renamed to UPDATE.PBP into X:\PSP\GAME\UPDATE\ Were X is the drive letter for your memory stick.

3)Now either terminate the USB connection or remove the memory card and insert it abck into your PSP. Start your PSP and run HEN D by going to the photo menu and entering the HEN D folder.

Note: For the next few steps make sure your battery is charged to at least 75% and your charger plugged in.

4)Go to the GAME menu and and run 1.50 enabler.

Read: The 1.5 enabler will tell you if you can run 1.5 or not. If it says you cannot press X to alter keys, don't continue till it says your settings will run 1.5

5)When the program exits back to the XMB run UPDATE X.YZ.

6)When your PSP has finished downgrading press X to restart your PSP.

7)When you turn your PSP on there will be a blue screen with a bunch of words and letters and what not. It will say to press O, so Press O.

8)Congradulations your now at firmware 1.5!

This excellent guide taken from...
    http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-hacks-9/t-guidethe-ultimate-downgrader-guide-90916.html

Also once downgraded to firmware 1.5 I presume you wish to upgrade to a custom firmware like 3.03 OE-C for example. So to help you out I have included links to download installers that make the install process for firmware 3.03 OE-C, 3.40 OE-A, and 1.5 Recovery mode easy as pie.

3.03 OE-C Easy Installer

3.40 OE-A Easy Installer

Firmware 1.5 Recovery Mode Easy Installer (you want this trust me)

4. TMNTPOWER

TMNTPOWER Member

Thanks I fixed the problem, it was with computer transfering the file to the psp. Thanks for the links too, I couldn't doit with out the help, now I'm 3.40A

5. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

No problem, I come to this site to help.

6. ch65

ch65 Guest

Hi, I'm in deep trouble, can any one help me please!
    I tried to downgrade 2.71 to 1.50, and after the downgrading, the psp froze! I removed the battery and ms and plugged the power in, and tried to turn it on, there was nothing! the screen was all dark! the psp cannot even turn on! PLEASE someone help me!

7. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Well most likely the PSP didn't "freeze" it was awaiting a hard reset and for you too reboot it. But since you....

you bricked it.

8. whynotdee

whynotdee Guest

9. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Okay I'll try and clarify a bit. Okay, you know when you plug in your memory stick the window pops up that has the folders MP_ROOT and PSP? You just paste them right into that window. Not the MP_ROOT folder, not the PSP Folder but in the same space those are in. Again not in them but in the same white space that they are. I tried to make a picture to help you out...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2007
  10. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

@whynotdee

If you have a hard time reading that let me know and I will redo it and post a new pic. Didn't realize how small it was when I made it.

11. whynotdee

whynotdee Guest

Thank you sooo soo much we're about to try it now,,,smiles

12. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

No problem let me know how it goes. :)

13. whynotdee

whynotdee Guest

"Now either terminate the USB connection or remove the memory card and insert it abck into your PSP. Start your PSP and run HEN D by going to the photo menu and entering the HEN D folder."

^ I went into my psp and ran the HEND file then the screen turned RED and now it's black...what does this mean..what's the next step? Did I brick it?

Thx.

14. whynotdee

whynotdee Guest

Step number 4 is complete, now I'm stuck at "when the program exits to the XBM run UPDATE X.YZ."

Where do I find the X.YZ and how do I do it.

15. whynotdee

whynotdee Guest

Another quick question....I see this msg... will run on this PSP.

Press 0 to exit

Do I exit on my own or do I wait? What is the next step and how do I do it?

16. whynotdee

whynotdee Guest

The downgrade is completed successfully, thank you very much.

17. whynotdee

whynotdee Guest

Like I said above, it was a success but now my question is:

This was my first downgrade and I've never had an OE version before, so can I automatically upgrade directly from the 3.40 OE-A link which is posted above or do I have to first install an upgrade of 3.30 OE-A?

Can you please tell me a little bit more about how to upgrade?

Once again thank you.

18. pspboydee

pspboydee Regular member

no u dont have to install 3.30 oe-a just upgrade to 3.40 oe-a, but did you run the x.yz update on the memory stick, if no then do that first

19. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

@whynotdee

Before you go about installing any custom firmware or messing with the PSP lets make this clear for everyone. You are currently at firmware 1.5 correct?

If so post back as I have links to easy installers for 3.03 OE-C, 3.40 OE-A, and 1.5 Recovery Mode.

20. whynotdee

whynotdee Guest

Good morning,

Yes we ran x.yz, in fact we ran every step with success and the firmware is now 1.50.