1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help me. Final Fantasy 8 problems for psp

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by 0Squall0, Aug 22, 2007.

1. 0Squall0

0Squall0 Member

Howcome everytime i try to run ff8 on my psp the logo and everything for the ps1 comes up, but then the screen stays black. I used autopopstation to convert the game, oh and its a pal game, is that one problem?

2. BrewAgent

BrewAgent Regular member

convert it to an ISO.

Forum search for how to do this.

3. tehsick

tehsick Regular member

wait a minute?

can the psp read PSX Iso files?

i thought it was only eboot.pbp's?

4. psp35

psp35 Regular member

just try it. if it works, it works. if it doesnt then reply back.

5. Zan88

Zan88 Regular member

Ok, basically you have a PAL version of the game which is copy protected by Sony. They did thisto both final fantasy 8 and 9.

No worries though you can fix it - i and have done it to both games. Its very easy.

Download the patcher from the link below - you want the latest version of PPF-OMATIC

Patcher

Then from the link below download the set of disc patches.

Patch

When you have your ISO of FF8 (i.e. BEFORE you convert it to eboot) open up PPFomatic. You will have 2 boxes at the top. Load your disc 1 iso into the top box - then after unzipping the file containg the patches - load the patch for disc 1. (you can tell as there is a number different on each patch. 0, 1, 2 or 3. 0 is for disc 1, 1 is for disc 2 etc.

Ok so load the patchf or disc 1 in the bottom box.

Then all thats left is to click apply patch.

Now if it says that the size of the disc is wrong then check you have loaded the corect iso or patch. Otherwise is should say patch succesfully aplied.

Now just convert it to eboot as normal and whn you run it on your psp you will notice on the playstation logo at startup it will say Coming from ZPC - this means the patch is on there.

I should warn you though - final fantasy 8 has major issues on the psp - lots of crashes during battle.

I have managed to get to the Tomb of the Unknown King before i sort of gave up

My advice to you is to save often and bad culprits for crashing the game are the spell scan and also Quistis' limit break "Laser Eye"

Any further questions please dont hesitate to ask!

6. 0Squall0

0Squall0 Member

ok sweet, thanks soooo much